£50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
24 days ago
Are you a proven maintenance professional who knows what it's like to work within a manufacturing plant? Have you previously led and managed large maintenance engineering teams? Would you like the opportunity to oversee your own department of dedicated Engineers who work hard to improve systems, services and equipment in a busy 24/7 operational site? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Engineering Manager to work for a large, market leading manufacturing company based in Wiltshire. In this role, you and your team will strive to maintain and continuously improve systems, services, plant and equipment across the Wiltshire site. The Maintenance Team is made up of a dedicated group of Engineers, Senior Engineers and Team Leaders who work together in pursuit of maintenance best practice; delivering high plant and equipment up-time in order to support production plans. As the Maintenance Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for managing this team through appraisals, 1-2-1's and continuously seeking development opportunities. You will ensure the maintenance system is fully utilised to reduce equipment downtime and will have the opportunity to own the maintenance budget; incorporating CAPEX, spares and training.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a team of c.30 Engineers to deliver high plant & equipment up-time in order to support production;
- Develop the team of Engineers through regular reviews, appraisals and KPI's;
- Identify and deliver safety critical maintenance plans;
- Deliver maintenance to budget by setting and controlling revenue and CAPEX spend through appropriate budgets;
- Ensure the best solutions to maintenance are delivered; considering cost, downtime and project time frame;
- Always maintain compliance with HSE and company policies;
- Implement Lean Manufacturing Techniques;
- Develop and measure KPI's to ensure the Maintenance team deliver on responsibilities;
- Work with 3rd party contractors on-site to ensure work permits are in place;
- Regularly asses and audit the site to ensure appearance, problems and improvements are dealt with;
To be successful in this role, you will have proven 'hands-on' maintenance experience gained from within a manufacturing site so you can effectively communicate, empathise and support your team with issues, problems and projects as they arise. You will be a strong manager and leader who will have demonstrable experience of leading large maintenance teams to deliver an outstanding service. This role will involve planning for projects, maintenance plans and budgets so strong experience of project management would be needed as well as the capability to plan and execute maintenance plans via CMMS management systems.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced maintenance leader to join a business where you will have the chance to help shape, implement and drive the future of the site!
- Great pension scheme;
- Company reward & recognition scheme;
- Discount on local gyms/leisure centres;
- Numerous social events throughout the year (Summer & Christmas party, charity sports events, fairs etc.);
- Free car parking;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Regular social and sports clubs with employees across the business;
For more information on this role, please contact Taylor on 0117 933 4597 or apply online today…