York, North Yorkshire
competitive benefits package
2 months ago
Competitive salary plus private health care and contributory pension scheme
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive-a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Job location: York
Cargill's cocoa and chocolate plant in York has nurtured the flavours of cocoa and chocolate, making delicious products for chocolate, confectionery and food manufacturers across the globe. We produce cocoa powder, butter and liquor as well as coatings, fillings and chocolate for industrial applications.
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled maintenance team to ensure the reliable operation of the process plant and facility. You will be required to perform multi-skilled maintenance tasks across a full range of plant equipment. The work will involve a range of reactive, preventative and predictive maintenance as required. We are looking for a proactive and enthusiastic individual who will propose improvements in maintenance job plans and procedures in keeping with known standards of quality, safety and hygiene for reliable and consistent operation.
The successful candidate will be a time- served tradesperson with trouble shooting and problem analysis skills. You will need to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with a range of departments including production to ensure that daily goals are achieved.
This role will involve working Monday to Friday, from 6am until 2pm with one week in three on call outside of these hours, covering the week 24/7. The successful candidate must be able and willing to provide on call cover.
- Provide both electrical, instrument and mechanical maintenance to the plant on a reactive and preventative basis
- Undertake training as required to multi-skill and in predictive maintenance tasks
- Ensure compliance with all systems and procedures by self and others (e.g. 3rd party contractors)
- Ensure troubleshooting and maintenance of plant and systems is carried out in a timely manner
- Propose improvements and help develop new maintenance job plans & procedures
- Use a CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System)-Maximo and PC reporting to assist maintenance recording
- BTEC, HNC or equivalent qualification in an engineering discipline
- Fully completed a recognized trade certification in either electrical/instrument/mechanical engineering and have multi-skilling experience
- Able to work safely at all times and have an understanding of Food Safety, e.g. HACCP, GMP
- Trade engineering and/or maintenance experience from a manufacturing processing plant would be advantageous
- Familiar with relevant industry equipment e.g. pneumatics, pumps, hydraulics control valves, motors, drives, etc.
- Ability to prioritise and mange time effectively
- Committed to continuous development
- Proven ability to solve problems and implement improvements
- Good communication skills
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast-paced stimulating environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest private companies in the world.
Interested? Then please send us your CV and cover letter today.
For further information about this role please contact Anne Oxton on 0161 707 1516 or email
The recruitment process and your data
This role is managed by Cargill's recruitment partner, Morson International. By submitting your CV for this role, you are providing your consent to your CV and application details being sent to Morson International for the purposes of managing the recruitment process. If you have any questions about how Morson International will use your data for this application process please contact Anne Oxton via 0161 707 1516. If you have any questions about how Cargill will use your data for this application process please contact