£38000 - £40000 per annum + 15% pension + 27 days + bonus
26 days ago
Maintenance Engineer - Continuous Improvement
Salary circa £38 - 40k + 27day holiday + 15% pension + bonus 5 - 10%
Hours Mon - Fri 8am - 4pm
This is an opportunity to join the preventive maintenance team concentrating on improving the plants production & efficiency.
- Mechanical Engineer
- HNC or HND or degree - may have
- Working with maintenance systems (CMMS) such SAP, MAXIMO or a DCS etc
- Heavy engineering / heavy manufacturing plant; e.g. chemical plant, brewery, paper mill, manufacturing plant, power generating plant CHP, recycling plant, foundry, etc.
- Boiler / steam experience would be an advantage not essential.
- 50/50 desk based / hands on plant based
- Planning, root cause analysis, continuous improvements, process improvement projects.
- Technical lead - Troubleshooting technical problems focusing on root cause analysis.
- Support and coach the Technicians in handling technical issues
- Improvement projects, cost savings. Several million pounds of investment recently and continuous.
- Working on very complex heavy industrial machinery.
- Analysing data to compile engineering reports.
- Improving OEE & Engineering downtime
- Managing contractors including - work permits, RAMS, etc.
- The plant is a mixture of old and state of the art machinery and technology. It is at a very interesting stage where production capacity is looking to be increased and improved.
- Very stable and profitable product / industry sector.
To apply send CV to Tim Fawcett at Morson or call 0161 .- 707 .- 1516
Key : Mechanical engineer;; maintenance engineer; ; mechanical supervisor; area responsible; area engineer; section engineer; Mechanical; tanks, pipes; Manufacturing plant; gearbox; gears; motors; pumps; fans; compressors; motors; hydraulics; pneumatics; pump overhauls, motor and gear box replacements, hydraulics, pneumatics, rotating equipment, conveyors, valves, plastic; paper mill; brewery; bottling; petrochemical; chemical site; chemical plant; gas storage; fuel storage site; Army, REME; Navy; RAF; royal air force; royal navy; recycling plant; foundry; chemical plant; brewery; paper mill; effluent plants; process areas; steam boilers; filtration; extraction machinery; recycling plant, foundry, chemical plant, brewery, paper mill, manufacturing plant, power generating plant CHP, lathe; precision engineering; boilers, dcs; delta v ; siemens ps7; effluent plant, water treatment, cement works, crushers; brick works, packaging or printing, manufacturing plant, bulk handling. automated plant, process areas, filtration, ancillary; LOLER; SAP, MAXIMO; RAMS, LOTO. motors, welding, pneumatics, hydraulics, valves, pumps, seals, bucket conveyors, elevator & lifting machinery, steam and air compressor systems, gearboxes, drive transmission system, pulleys, belts, couplings, chain drives Root cause analysis; Laser alignment; thermography; vibration; condition monitoring;