Up to £0.00 per annum
9 days ago
Our nuclear sector client based in the Oxfordshire area have a permanent opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer (Electrical bias)
Purpose of Role
To ensure adequate maintenance is specified and delivered to maintain asset availability for its intended use, and to minimise degradation, in an assigned area in accordance with standards and operational procedures as required by the Nuclear Site Licence, other legislation and Company Policy.
Safety, Environment & Security
* Maintain your own safe & secure workplace, identifying safety, environmental and information security risks and hazards then apply STAR and report unusual occurrences
* Set out controls to ensure the safe delivery of tasks and ensure compliance with the local and Company Management System
* Determine and implement supervision levels supervise and monitor work activities ensuring safety/environmental controls are appropriate, understood and implemented ensuring the quality and compliance standards of their work is maintained.
* Oversee Contractors ensuring they have appropriate levels of supervision and are adhering to safety/environmental controls and delivering the planned work.
* Actively monitor and reinforce safety behaviours.
* Establish a safe operational culture and provide safety, security & environmental leadership
* Effectively lead, oversee and direct an operational team, monitoring performance and maintaining delivery to plan.
* Set to work and effectively supervise the daily activities of a team monitoring performance against the planned work.
* Set and communicate work standards both within the team and to contractors (if applicable) and stakeholders.
* Establish the correct work ethic and culture within the team.
* Monitor and manage the performance of direct reports actively supporting those at risk of underperforming, or with unacceptable levels of absence.
* Establish and maintain an appropriate and effective level of stakeholder engagement.
* Challenge the status quo and identify future opportunities through innovation within area of professionalism/ function/ business and process.
* Undertake investigations for near misses and events.
* Ensure delivery of maintenance, strategy and plan for all scheduled and unplanned maintenance
* Ensure all scheduled and unplanned maintenance is recorded in the Computer Maintenance Management System (Mainsaver)
* Ensure all maintenance related records, documents and drawings are updated and controlled
* Put in place support contracts where local resources cannot deliver requirements
* Manage the production of Planned Maintenance Instructions required for maintenance delivery
* Manage the production of Safe Systems of Work to ensure safe delivery
* Provide technical and engineering advice and manage and/or support specific projects and engineering tasks associated with asset care (refurbishments, replacement, upgrades etc.)
* Provide oversight of training required for team members
* Liaise with other site departments, central organisations within the industry and external bodies to achieve the above
* Deputise for the ATO Holder as required.
* Record all incidents and near misses
* Support audits, investigations, inspections and Regulatory interventions
* Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company's Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities
Education / Qualifications / Training
Qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in an appropriate engineering discipline
Member of an appropriate professional engineering institution
IOSH Managing Safely
Experience / Knowledge
Broad applied engineering background with relevant experience, preferably in nuclear or an equivalent highly regulated industry
Extensive experience of maintaining plant and buildings and managing maintenance teams
Comprehensive knowledge of Health and Safety and application of Safe Systems of Work
Flexibility and willingness to take on a range of tasks and challenges
Good IT skills, preferably with familiarity of Microsoft Office
Good interpersonal skills
Innovative, self-motivated and able to lead and work as part of a team
RTC 06 Engineering Management & Technical Support
RTC 27 Operational Supervision & Works Control
Able to be a classified radiation worker in accordance with Ionising Radiation Regulations (if assigned to a qualifying area).