Thirsk, North Yorkshire
Up to £41000 per annum + 41,000
4 months ago
Our Manufacturing Client in the Thirsk area has a requirement for a Maintenance Engineer to join their business on a Permanent basis.
Reporting to engineering supervisor, the purpose of the role is to maintain reliable operation of the plant, carrying out multi-skilled Maintenance tasks.
- Perform full range of plant maintenance tasks and repairs on a proactive/planned and reactive basis.
- Use predictive maintenance techniques such as thermo-graphic imaging and vibration analysis as well as experience, skill and judgement to make regular assessments of the plant condition.
- Implement equipment reliability improvements and develop new maintenance work-flow methods and techniques.
- Employ Preventive / Predictive maintenance techniques to achieve benchmnark plant reliability
- Manage own workflows to remain within maintenance budget
Minimum Required Qualifications
* Thorough understanding of EHS and a safety culture
* Post apprenticeship experience
* Ability to develop and conduct training for operators.
* Ability to organize, coordinate and accomplish multiple tasks.
* Demonstrated ability to build and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
* Strong communication and organizational skills. Able to provide detailed shift reports.
* Experience working within a team.
* Demonstrated effective systematic problem solving skills.
* Ability to develop and conduct training for engineers.
* Must have a high drive and energy level, can-do attitude, and excellent attention to detail
* Proven continuous improvement skills.
* Treat people with dignity and respect.
* Able to work autonomously and react quickly in high pressure situation.
* Self-motivated, able to work independently.
* Be flexible, able to alter shifts to cover other engineers holiday.
* Interacts with vendors to complete day-to-day tasks.
* Familiar with safe system of work (Permit to Work systems).
* Carrying out Preventitive maintenance tasks.
* Basic understanding of predictive maintenance techniques, vibration analysis, thermography and ultrasound
* PC literate
* Excellent technical, analytical and fault-finding skills.
* Technical school higher qualification or Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline (preferably mechanical but electrical considered) or equivalent knowledge.
* Good knowledge of Maintenance process and activities.
* Competent computer skills.
* Extensive knowledge of maintenance management
* Experience of working as part of a maintenance team on a manufacturing site.
* Working knowledge of technical English (verbal and written).
* Understanding operating context of site assets / process systems
* Experience in supervising contractors
Please note the consultant looking after this position is Tahanee Twist