Wolverhampton, West Midlands
8 months ago
Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Pay: Competitive; depending upon experience
Shift Pattern: Continental shifts - 4 on 4 off, 2 days 2 nights
Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive-a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
To assist the senior engineer, engineering coordinator and engineering shift team by providing 'front-line' support of all engineering functions during allocated shift periods. Please note shifts will include day and night shifts, working on a continental shift pattern.
* Assist the engineering and operations management teams by ensuring a safe plant working environment through ensuring safe systems of work and compliance to local, national, European and corporate standards
* Ensure clear and consistent communications and leadership of shift operations
* Ensure correct use of the Maximo CMMS across allocated shift, including timely and accurate information input and the use of diagnostic tools to review and optimise plant performance
* Work with the engineering management team and Engineering Co-ordinator to develop and implement a sustainable maintenance best practice regime across the site to maximise plant reliability, efficiency and safety
* Take an active role as required in small project co-ordination to include project scope, timetable of works, Environmental Health and Safety planning, budget allocation, control and project implementation
* Co-ordinate with site operations to ensure assigned tasks from the business, operating, Environmental Health and Safety and engineering plans, are achieved
* Work with the engineering management team to monitor relevant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and benchmarking data in order to target plant and process improvement and best practice
* In the absence of the Engineering Management Co-ordinator or the Senior Engineer take leadership of the allocated shift period and continue operational duties and designated tasks
* Recognized Engineering qualification - essential
* GCSE/CSE in English and Mathematics - essential
* Relevant experience of mechanical or electrical engineering - essential
* Experience of a fast moving production environment and food environment - essential
* Knowledge or experience of Environmental Health & Safety
* Strong communication skills - essential
* IT/PC literate - essential
* Maximo CMMS - desirable
* Relevant experience in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
In return for your expertise and commitment, we will provide a fast paced stimulating international environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the largest and most solid private companies in the world.
To apply, please send your CV or call Anne on 01617071516. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 5 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.
Maintenance Engineer; Maintenance Technician; Shift Engineer; Line Engineer; Boiler; Refrigeration; Conveyor; Oven; Mixer; Maximo; CMMS; Electrical; Mechanical; Pressure Systems; Emergency Lighting; Fire System; Compressed Air System; Thermal Oil Heating Systems; Steam Generating Systems