about 1 month ago
Morson International are currently working with a key client in the Nuclear Sector who has a requirement for a Maintenance Electrician. This is a longer term contract position based at our client's site operations close to Reading, Berkshire. Work has been confirmed until 2022 at present. Competitive hourly rate on offer to a suitably qualified candidate.
The Maintenance Electrician will undertake electrical installation and maintenance activities.
The Maintenance Electrician shall:
- Report to the company Engineer or Supervisor for all matters relating to quality and safety.
- Install and maintain Low Voltage Plant/Equipment
- Interpret and implement the current requirement of the Electricity at Work Regulations and IEE Regulations (BS7671).
- Work in compliance with the requirements of the Company Health and Safety Procedures
- Perform work so as to avoid danger to themselves and to others that might be affected by their actions
- Undertake isolation of electrical systems/equipment in line with HS-PRD-010 and in particular Live Working Restrictions where authorised.
- Report all anomalies, safety hazards, plant damage and specific problems through the project Supervisor/Foreman/Engineer before proceeding further
- Refrain from interference with any safety equipment provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc.).
- Build only 'to the Print' in compliance with the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations.
- Adopt at all times the S*T*A*R*T principle: Stop, Think, Act, Review and Tell, whilst engaged on all types of work
- Attend weekly Toolbox Talks relation to matters of Safety and Company policy
- Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments
- Participate in the pre and post job briefs and post job de-briefs.
- These duties are project specific and in addition to those described in the Company and project manuals and procedures.
- He/she shall ensure that they are familiar with these documents and any legislation to which they refer.