2 months ago
Maintenance Electrician, Nuclear, Contract, ASAP start until 2022 as present (Based at Aldermaston)
The Maintenance Electrician will undertake electrical installation and maintenance activities.
The Electrical Technician shall:
- Report to the Cavendish Nuclear Engineer or Supervisors for all matters relating to quality and safety.
- Install and maintain Low Voltage Plant/Equipment.
- Interpret and implement the current requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations and IEE Regulations (BS7671).
- Work in compliance with the requirements of the Cavendish Nuclear Health and Safety Procedures.
- Perform work so as to avoid danger to themselves and to others that might be affected by their actions.
- Undertake isolation of electrical systems/equipment in line with HS-PRD-010 and in particular Live Working Restrictions where authorised.
- Report all anomalies, safety hazards, plant damage and specific problems through the Project Supervisor/Foreman/Engineer before proceeding further.
- Refrain from interference with any safety equipment provided in the interests of Health and Safety (PPE, fire extinguishers etc).
- Build only 'to the Print' in compliance with the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations.
- Adopt at all times the S*T*A*R*T principle. Stop, Think, Act, Review, & Tell, whilst engaged on all types of work.
- Attend weekly Toolbox Talks relating to matters of Safety and Company policy.
- Participate in the production and review of Point of Work Risk Assessments.
- Participate in the Pre and Post Job Briefs and Post Job De-Briefs These duties are project specific and in addition to those described in the Company and project manuals and procedures.
- He/she shall ensure that they are familiar with these documents, and any legislation to which they refer.
- The Electrical Technician or Electrical Control & Instrumentation Technician may be assisted in the execution of these duties by a team of staff. The services of the establishment e.g. quality, safety, administration etc. will also be available of which full use should be made