£26500 - £31000 per annum + Annual Co bonus scheme, pension
2 months ago
Our nuclear sector client has a permanent opportunity for a Maintenance Electrician to be based at their Oxon site
Purpose of Role
To provide safe and efficient installation, maintenance and breakdown service on electrical systems within an assigned area in accordance with Company and local arrangements, procedures and safety rules taking full account of Site Licence requirements, statutory regulations and Company Policy.
Safety, Environment & Security
* Maintain your own safe & secure workplace, identifying safety, environmental and information security risks and hazards, apply STAR and report unusual occurrences.
* Maintain knowledge of the relevant local and company management systems.
* Lead on the development and maintenance of your personal skill, knowledge, authorisation and training required for your role.
* Establish and maintain an appropriate and effective level of stakeholder engagement.
* Carry out routine maintenance tasks as directed by the Maintenance Manager, Electrical Supervisor or Electrical Foreman.
* Undertake preventative planned maintenance activities as directed and in accordance with facility maintenance instructions.
* Undertake corrective works where identified, including assistance with internal projects as appropriate.
* Undertake electrical installation activities in accordance with the design provided and IET Wiring Regulations
* Respond to breakdowns and work with operations to ensure that maintenance and corrective works are completed safely and in a timely manner.
* Produce accurate post-maintenance records in a timely manner.
* Assist with ongoing reviews of Facility maintenance documentation.
* Achieve and maintain Nominated Person (Electrical) status
* Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company's Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
Time served electrical apprenticeship
Appropriate technical qualifications e.g. City & Guilds, BTEC, NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
BS7671 (IET Wiring Regulations - latest Edition)
IOSH Working Safely
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
Experience of electrical maintenance activities, general distribution and installation requirements.
Knowledge and experience of Electrical Systems
Knowledge and experience of instrumentation, inverters, and control systems
Knowledge and experience of programmable equipment and PLC's
Knowledge of Electricity at work Regulations
Experience of general maintenance within a nuclear environment
Able to use protective clothing and equipment, including but not limited to RPE, Arc Flash, Electrical
An awareness of safe working practices
Able to be work in accordance with EMF Regulations (if assigned to a qualifying area).
Able to be a classified radiation worker in accordance with Ionising Radiation Regulations (if assigned to a qualifying area).
Please note that SC security Clearance will need to be obtain for this position.