£350 - £370 per day
6 days ago
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance and Performance Improvement Manager to ensure best practice is achieved and maintained on rolling stock. Unsociable hours maybe required
The Principal Accountabilities of the Maintenance and Performance Improvement Manager will be as follows:
- Review supply chain repair data and establish trends / areas requiring improvement
- Establish Pareto system of supply chain failure data to support FRACAS process
- Support commercial in supply chain discussions regarding asset performance improvement
- Ensure asset failures are rectified efficiently and effectively to maximise asset utilisation
- Ensure asset systems performance trends and availability are understood and quantified
- Local champion of joint technical investigations to resolve human factors and engineering design issues identified as contributing cause to poor availability and performance of assets.
- Ensure resulting modifications and containments are delivered and reports on their effectiveness.
- Review Maintenance practices and contents to ensure they are reflective of current asset life cycle needs
- Audits maintenance activities to ensure adherence to standards are achieved
- Lead noteworthy incident notification and resolution to maintain assurance compliance.
- Ensures local technical materials issues are resolved quickly and effectively
- Ensures asset changes are validated and implemented fully to obtain best investment utilisation
The knowledge, skills and qualifications expected of the Maintenance and Performance Improvement Manager will be as follows:
- Knowledge of railways operations and health and safety
- Knowledge of production and manufacturing systems (Lean, Keizen, Six Sigma, SPC etc)
- Substantial rolling stock maintenance management experience skewed to performance improvement
- Formal Engineering Degree or Higher National Diploma or equivalent
- Member of Professional Institution (desirable) The job holder has to be able to investigate technical issues and derive performance indicators of part of or entire systems using analytical skill and the scientific method. Substantial rolling stock maintenance management experience skewed to performance improvement
- Substantial experience of production and technical process change management
- Experience in dealing and managing incidents and corrective actions
- Experience in producing technical documentation
- Experience of audit and assurance process
THIS ROLE IS INSIDE OF IR35 AND WILL ONLY BE SET UP VIA AN UMBRELLA COMPANY OR PAYE. NO LIMITED COMPANYS WILL BE PERMITTED.
In order to apply for the Maintenance and Performance Improvement Manager please submit your CV and contact details via this advert.