Up to £0.00 per annum
7 months ago
To ensure best practice of maintenance and performance management are achieved and maintained across Rolling Stock Asset Performance Directorate.
The job holder may be excepted to work unsociable hours and might be required to work on any location on the London underground network.
The principal accountabilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Ensures assets failures are rectified efficiently and effectively to maximise asset utilisation
* Ensures assets systems performance trends and availability are understood and quantified
* Local champion of joint technical investigations to resolve human factors and engineering design issues identified as contributing cause to poor availability and performance of assets.
* Ensures resulting modifications and containments are delivered and reports on their effectiveness.
* Reviews Maintenance practices and contents to ensure they are reflective of current asset life cycle needs
* Audits maintenance activities to ensure adherence to standards are achieved
* Lead noteworthy incident notification and resolution to maintain assurance compliance.
* Support delivery of asset maintenance and whole life cycle management through technical expertise and knowledge / research of production methods, tooling and technical best practices
* Ensures local technical materials issues are resolved quickly and effectively
* Ensures asset changes are validated and implemented fully to obtain best investment utilisation
The Maintenance & Performance Improvement Managers will be focussed on delivering Asset Maintenance and Performance improvements.
* Determine best maintenance practice required for current assets in consultation with ESM
* Determine compliance to maintenance standard by carrying out Maintenance and Routine Condition Audits
* Prioritise technical issues based on impact to asset availability
* Determine effectiveness of containment and long term solutions
* First pass on business case in support of proposed changes
* Setting timescales for delivery of performance benefits
The Job holder may have up to 6 direct reports reporting to him/her.
Main Working Relationships
The Job holder will maintain good working relations with:
Maintenance Rolling Stock Engineers (ME RSE) to determine best course of action when investigating human factors and engineering design issues
Professional Head of Rolling Stock (PHoRS) representatives to assure the business of asset compliance and deal with incident quickly and effectively
Fleet Sponsor to determine best use of finance available
Depot and Fleet management to ensure maintenance is delivered adequately
External suppliers as required and in consultation with the ME RSE.
Financial Impact & Authority
The role does not have direct financial control or authority over others but prepares business case summary for the fleet sponsor to justify reliability or maintainability improvement and influences stakeholders to achieve compliance to agreed plans of delivery.
Knowledge, Skill & Experience
This part is about what we know or what we have learnt necessary to fulfil the duties of the job:
* Knowledge of railways operations and health and safety
* Knowledge of production and manufacturing systems (Lean, Keizen, Six Sigma, SPC etc)
* Knowledge of rolling stock systems and their maintenance
* IT and presentation skills essential (word, powerpoint, excel)
Formal Engineering Degree or Higher National Diploma or equivalent (desirable)
Member of Professional Institution (desirable)
Working towards or at Professional Recognition (desirable)
The job holder has to be able to investigate technical issues and derive performance indicators of part of or entire systems using analytical skill and the scientific method.
The job holder must have high level of integrity, be able to plan and be very organised to investigative successfully complex issues to completion.
The job holder must be able to work alongside other teams and successfully influence their behaviour to bring about improvement to established practices.
The job holder must have sufficient IT and presentation skills to be able to communicate effectively either verbally or electronically producing technical documentation or instructions.
The job holder must be able to read and understand electrical and mechanical engineering drawings and schematics for fault finding investigations.
* Substantial rolling stock maintenance management experience skewed to performance improvement
* Substantial experience of engineering change process
* Substantial experience of production and technical process change management
* Experience in dealing and managing incidents and corrective actions
* Experience in producing technical documentation
* Experience of audit and assurance process
* Experience of working closely with suppliers to identify performance improvements
* e.g. Experience of providing detailed accounts to management within strict timescales
e.g. Experience of working in an engineering systems function and/or on-site management
e.g. Experience of providing customer services / operational frontline delivery services