£320.00 - £370.00 per day
about 1 month ago
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance & Performance Improvement Manager to ensure best practice of maintenance and performance management are achieved and maintained across Rolling Stock Asset Performance Directorate.
The job holder may be excepted to work unsociable hours and might be required to work on any location on the London underground network.
***This role is working in the public sector and therefore must be set up on a PAYE or Umbrella basis. No limited companies are permitted. ***
The principal accountabilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures assets failures are rectified efficiently and effectively to maximise asset utilisation
- Ensures assets systems performance trends and availability are understood and quantified
- Local champion of joint technical investigations to resolve human factors and engineering design issues identified as contributing cause to poor availability and performance of assets.
- Ensures resulting modifications and containments are delivered and reports on their effectiveness.
- Reviews Maintenance practices and contents to ensure they are reflective of current asset life cycle needs
- Audits maintenance activities to ensure adherence to standards are achieved
- Support delivery of asset maintenance and whole life cycle management through technical expertise and knowledge / research of production methods, tooling and technical best practices
- Ensures asset changes are validated and implemented fully to obtain best investment utilisation
The Knowledge, Skill & Experience expected of the Maintenance & Performance Improvement Manager will be as follows:
- Knowledge of railways operations and health and safety
- Knowledge of production and manufacturing systems (Lean, Keizen, Six Sigma, SPC etc)
- Knowledge of rolling stock systems and their maintenance
- IT and presentation skills essential (word, powerpoint, excel)
- Formal Engineering Degree or Higher National Diploma or equivalent (desirable)
- Member of Professional Institution (desirable)
- Working towards or at Professional Recognition (desirable)
- The job holder has to be able to investigate technical issues and derive performance indicators of part of or entire systems using analytical skill and the scientific method.
- Substantial rolling stock maintenance management experience skewed to performance improvement
- Substantial experience of engineering change process
- Experience in dealing and managing incidents and corrective actions
- Experience of audit and assurance process