Sheffield, South Yorkshire
10 days ago
Maintenance & Facilities Manager
Morson International are currently looking to recruit a Maintenance & Facilities Manager to join our Sheffield based client, a well-established, precision engineering company that specialises in the manufacture of complex components which are supplied into the Aerospace and other highly regulated industry sectors.
As part of their continued growth, our client is currently in the market for a Maintenance & Facilities Manager to join their business on a permanent basis.
Within this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of company buildings, equipment and utilities. You will work closely with all departments in order to develop, implement and monitor strategies, policies and procedures to minimise operational downtime. You will also have overall responsibility for subcontractors on-site and ensure RAMS are adhered to at all times.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Establish Maintenance strategies to achieve the overall plant reliability and availability in line with the company goals, KPI's and budgetary objectives.
* Own and develop the PPM system ensuring checks and repairs are carried out on time by the maintenance team or subcontractors.
* Day-to-day coordination and direction of the sites Maintenance Team and external contractors, in order to complete maintenance in an efficient and effective manner
* Management of routine and reactive maintenance tasks as required and / or assigned for the purpose of ensuring the ongoing functionality of company buildings, equipment and utilities.
* Coordination and Management of all site maintenance records (maintenance planners, service sheets, technical specifications, test certification and statutory records).
* Ensuring contractors that undertake work on site carry out the work to company standards and it complies both contractual commitment and site operating procedures.
* Management of departmental health & safety strategies (RAMS / COSHH / Permits to Work / SSW's etc.)
* Introduce safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant health, safety and environmental hazards or impacts in your area.
* Carry out Root Cause Analysis (RCA) for critical plant issues suggesting engineering solutions for major downtime incidents.
* Conduct equipment life span, obsolescence studies and develop appropriate upgrade / replacement strategies.
The ideal candidate shall have the following:
* Previous experience within mechanical/maintenance engineering
* Degree or NVQ Level 4 in relevant engineering disciplines or served a full engineering apprenticeship
* Experience of managing/leading teams within engineering
* Strong leader with examples of delivering results in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
* NEBOSH qualification or relevant qualification
* Sound knowledge surrounding Health & Safety
* Worked with manual and conventional machinery / presses within a manufacturing or engineering environment
In return a competitive salary and benefits package is on offer. For more details, please contact Louise Taylor at Morson or apply here…