Up to £26.00 per hour
2 months ago
Maintenance & Calibration Technician responsible for Calibrating and Maintaining Mechanical process and devices including Special to Type Test Equipment (STTE), to agreed time, cost and quality. For all test activities on site.
- Calibrate test/measuring equipment to instructions, handbooks, drawings or specifications and provide technical advice/ guidance on C&M measurement matters.
- Maintain and repair test/ measuring equipment to component level.
- Support the customer on site and at the customer premises.
- Keeping calibration/ maintenance records for traceability purposes
- Accountable for their own safety and that of others working in their area
- Responsible for their own times, quality of work and to ensure that working numbers are correct.
- Responsible for highlighting when spares are Requirement and arranging for them to be ordered.
- Test Facility commissioning to acceptance ensuring Configuration Control of Equipment and Facilities is in place prior to use and all appropriate documentation is available
- Provide Technical support to Calibration Engineering to facilitate the efficient servicing of STTE to enable production testing of hardware and repair phases of the contract
- Assessment of related equipment issues directing support services to resolve equipment failures
- Represent Calibration department at Test Equipment Review meetings to provide technical information/advice when requested.
Candidate Knowledge / Qualifications:
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years' experience and knowledge in the Calibration of Test Equipment and Maintenance of test systems to component level.
- Have a good understanding of Calibration principles and processes
- Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills with the ability to tailor communication to the relevant audience.