US$18.00 - US$20.00 per hour
11 months ago
Operates ECM and other machines to manufacture parts to customer specifications and production standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets-up machines using general shop tools (i.e. wrenches, screwdrivers) and precision measuring tools (i.e. micrometers, indicators) following detailed set-up procedures.
- Operates machines to manufacture parts using indexing fixtures, shuttles, clamps, and associated tooling to locate parts for machining. Properly completes required documentation (i.e. routers, deviation tickets) with inspection information for parts run as required.
- Performs in-process and first-piece inspections using standard precision measuring equipment (i.e. indicators, micrometers) to ensure part is within specifications outlined on operation sheets.
- Maintains an accurate daily log of parts processed, significant dimensions, machining parameters, and general information pertaining to the operation performed as required.
- Performs preventive and routine maintenance to maintain machine performance.
- Performs daily housekeeping tasks to provide a safe, clean, and orderly workplace.
- Performs related duties as assigned by management.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
Requires high school, general education degree (GED), or vocational school graduate with courses in mechanical drawing, shop mathematics, and machining practices or equivalent experience and training. One to two years prior machining experience and experience with precision measuring equipment and reading plots and/or blueprints. Close attention and care required to prevent damage to parts and machine tools. Demonstrated ability to obtain a forklift operator's license and drive a forklift safely when applicable.
Regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. Frequently required to stoop, climb, reach at or above shoulder level, and push or pull wheeled items weighing up to 400 pounds. Occasionally must squat, kneel, and lift up to 60 pounds independently or up to 100 pounds with assistance. Repetitive actions include simple grasping, firm grasping, and fine manipulation. Specific vision requirements include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to focus. Regular exposure to dirt, fumes, and chemicals. Required to wear hearing protection if noise exposure equals or exceeds a weighted average of 85 decibels (dBA) in a consecutive 8 hour time period.