CNC MACHINIST BARROW
£18.21 Limited (£14.39 PAYE) per hour.
Brief Role Description
An opportunity has arisen within the Operations Artillery Function at Weapons Systems UK for a Multi-Skilled Machinist. Duties will include setting and operating of 3 & 5 axis CNC Mill/Turn machine centers and a variety of manual machines & processes including Milling, Turning, Boring & Grinding.
Reporting to the Machine Team Leader, to deliver all aspects of Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost and People in accordance with the Weapon Systems UK Business Management Systems to ensure daily operations targets are met.
- Work safely at all times, complying with Health and Safety and other relevant regulations and guidelines.
- Follow the relevant manufacturing instructions, drawings and other Quality Standards/specifications.
- Self-Verification of own work to meet the required Quality Standards/specification.
- Work in accordance with specified safety procedures and instructions i.e. Risk Assessments & COSHH Assessments.
- Maintain a good standard of housekeeping with in the area.
- Be a part of a team to resolve and implement corrective actions against SHE & Production issues within the area.
- Report any hazards, near misses and incidents in a timely manner in line with company procedures.
- Ensure daily safety checks on equipment have been completed through daily process confirmations.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering and other support functions to ensure best method of manufacture has been utilised.
- Carry out any other tasks when requested.
- Extensive knowledge of operating 3 & 5 axis CNC Mill / Turn machining centres.
- Knowledge of Siemens, Mazatol & Fanuc machine controls.
- Knowledge of machining techniques & relevant tool selection.
- Able to interrogate and interpret engineering drawings.
- Awareness of PUWER & Risk Assessment.
- Able to use machine shop measuring equipment.
- Ability to follow manufacturing Instruction, to listen and follow verbal instructions.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Pendant Crane & Slinging.
- Manual Handling.
- Small/medium/Heavy engineering experience.
- Must have served a recognised apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering relevant to a machine shop. (Indentures required).
- City & Guilds, HNC or NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering.
If this position is of interest, please apply or contact matthew crook on 0161 707 1516 /