Brough, East Riding of Yorkshire
Up to £16.50 per hour
about 1 month ago
Skilled Operative - Machinist
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Machinist to be based at our clients site in Brough.
As a Machinist, you will be working as part of the current team, working across a wide variety of detailed components to high standards, tight tolerances and a varied workload. This role will be related to working on Hawk and T45 components produced from a variety of materials.
This role will provide you with exposure to internal stakeholders within the specific process.
Your skills and qualifications:
- Successfully completed an apprenticeship and have become a Time Served Machinist
- Experience of working with a wide range of machines such as Lathes/ Milling / Spindle Drills etc.
- Ability to read drawing sets and work unsupervised to the instruction set
- Demonstrate that you can work to current health& safety legislation
- Ability to work to tight tolerances across a wide range of materials
- Background within the Air Sector
- Experience programming and operating Mazak Turning Centres
Your main responsibilities as a Skilled Operative - Machinist will involve:
- Maintaining the quality of component manufacturing.
- Working to drawings set and Engineering provided.
- Delivering the components in a timely manner.
- Using your expertise of manufacturing process to assist in identifying continuous improvement opportunities for the Hawk manufacturing programme.
- Being responsible for the machining, ensuring that dimensional tolerances and surface finish requirements that meet the drawing specification.