2 months ago
Job Title: IS Operator/Machine Operator/Hot End Operator
Location: Commutable from Ellesmere Port; Chester; Runcorn; Warrington
Due to continued growth and investment we are actively recruiting for a number of Machine Operators to join a large glass manufacturer on a full time, permanent basis.
The role will involve shift work - 12-hour days and nights; working on a rotating 4 weekly pattern.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Comply with the Safe System of Work
* To carry out the swabbing and changing of tools as per rota system and as per instruction.
* To detect any defects in the glass and rectify using best practices.
* Regularly check bottle sets for defects and potential defects including gauging.
* To endeavour to have all defects rectified before they have been reported from Cold End.
* To make sure weight control systems are working and weight control is maintained to optimum.
* Weigh product at least every 10 minutes and enter weight into Iafis system and make any adjustments as required.
* Monitor Heye weight control system ensuring all blank capacities are within agreed limits and rectifying when not.
* To maintain maximum production efficiency and minimum down time.
* To make adjustments to T-600 electronic control system to maximise machine performance.
* To train and mentor lower grade operators.
* Record at beginning and end of shift all machine settings, Forehearth temperatures, pressures settings, cooling settings and availability of spare tools
* Inform supervision of non-conformances and or take appropriate remedial action.
* Ensure adequate supply of spare tools at all times.
* Comply with Health & Safety and Environmental Policies
* Comply with the General Risk Assessments
* Comply with the Manual Handling Risk Assessments
* Comply with COSHH Risk Assessments
* Maintain health and safety in the work place and ensure work area is kept in accordance with housekeeping standards.
Key Skills & Experience required:
* Mechanical skills required
* Strong experience of working in a fast paced production environment; ideally within FMCG
* Good team player
* Highly motivated
* Good initiative
* Able to work 12 hour shifts in hot conditions
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with a market leader, offering a competitive salary with scope for progression and long term career development opportunities.
To apply, please send your CV or call Anne Oxton on 01617071516. Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 5 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.
Machine Operator; Hot End Operative; Machine Operative; Hot End Operator; Machine Operator; Machine Operative IS Operator; IS Operative