Up to £27038 per annum + Bonus
2 months ago
My client, a world class manufacturing organisation, currently has a requirement for a number of Technical opportunities. These positions sit within a state of the art manufacturing environment where individuals with Mechanical knowledge and experience will excel.
This very successful and diverse organisation currently, investing heavily in its manufacturing sites across the UK & Ireland to maintain both its high performance and controlling market position.
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. Certainly, regard these opportunities as "jobs for life" within an extremely successful and buyout organisation.
Control the running of a production area and Ensure the smooth running of IS Machines whilst ensuring that that the quality is of a specified standard
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out the swabbing and changing of tools as per rota system and as per instruction
- To detect any defects or NCR and rectify using best practices
- Regularly check sets for defects and potential defects including gauging
- Report promptly to line controller and supervision any potential or suspected quality defects that may have entered lehr
- To make sure weight control systems are working and weight control is maintained to optimum.
- Monitor Heye weight control system ensuring all blank capacities are within agreed limits and rectifying when not
- Make sure all Critical defect and other procedures are followed correctly
- To maintain maximum production efficiency and minimum down time
- To make adjustments to T-600 electronic control system to maximise machine performance
- To train and mentor lower grade operators
- Record at beginning and end of shift all machine settings, Fore hearth temperatures, pressures settings, cooling settings and availability of spare tools
- Inform supervision of non-conformances and or take appropriate remedial action
- Ensure adequate supply of spare tools at all times
The individual, Skills & Experience
- Mechanical skills required (A qualification or apprentice in an Engineering or Mechanical Subject would be a distinct Advantage)
- Experience working in hot environment -Furnace and Castings, Glass production is preferred.
- Good team player
- Highly motivated
- Good initiative
- Hands on attitude
To apply for this position, please send your CV
Please note - if you haven't received feedback within 7 days of application you have not been successful on this occasion.