Morson are looking to recruit a Machinery Operative on behalf of our prestigious Aerospace client, based in Darwen.
The role will involve operating an Autoclave, ensuring all parts/components meet set curing specifications. The post-holder must have the ability to work within a team as well as individually to meet manufacturing/operational objectives. It is essential that the post-holder has a flexible attitude so that they can become a versatile, multi-skilled individual who has the ability to work across different manufacturing functions within the business.
- Frequent communication (several times throughout each day) with the Department's Team Leader to understand clear production plans so that objectives can be met.
- Undertake manual loading, unloading and curing of all parts/components in accordance to specifications.
- Watch keeping of industrial machinery to ensure operations are carried out correctly.
- Carry out the inspection of completed cure cycles and confirm that parts have passed or failed in accordance to specifications.
- TPM (General Maintenance) of all Autoclaves.
- Maintenance and testing of all vacuum pipes and thermocouples.
- Maintain compliance to all master processes and associated documents therefore ensuring industry standards are upheld in the production of components.
- Ensuring performance within the team remains a high standard.
- Monitoring and maintaining health and safety standards.
- Regular upkeep of records and documentation.
- To contribute and undertake 6S improvements.
- To support cost reduction initiatives by introducing new ideas or removing waste and non-value added time or operations to increase profitability whilst maintaining compliance.
- Machinery operation and/or engineering experience, or a willingness to obtain experience within this environment
- Aerospace and/or engineering background is desirable
- Computer literate and able to use Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines.
- Highly motivated, driven and disciplined with a "can do" attitude.
This role will involve various shift patterns, including nights