Ebbw Vale, Blaenau Gwent
Up to £10.00 per hour
about 2 months ago
Morson International are currently recruiting for a number of experienced machine operatives for our respected client based in Ebbw Vale, Wales.
The group are a high volume manufacturer of paper bags and packaging for clients across a range of sectors such as: high street retailers, promotional companies, independent stores and online retailers plus more.
This is a permanent, progression opportunities will arise further down the line and the company aims to provide excellent training across all machines within the factory, making this a great opportunity to grow and improve with a reputable, global company.
Duties will include:
- Carry out all mechanical and quality aspects and checks, related to applying glue to a bag
- Carry out all mechanical and quality aspects related to bag handles
- Carry out a series of mechanical set up, machine adjustments according to product size
- Carry out all Printing of Bags in relation to the samples and proof.
- Make sure the machine is clean and free of tools.
- Make sure all guards are in position and never put hand inside when machine is on.
- Make sure the area under the machine clean.
- Check products every 15 minutes to ensure bag has sufficient glue, is formed correctly, is according to specification and is fit for use
- Complete all quality checks on product quality check sheet once per hour ensuring manufacture according to specification. .
- Run machines at the speeds they are capable of and make production targets
- Operate to Production Targets and produce to targets set on all shifts and complete production records on ERP computer system
- Ability to work without supervision on all shifts as required
- Willingness to act in roles such as Planning coordinator, Fire Marshall, First Aid, Covid Officer ( training provide)
When machines are down you are performed other duties to keep the plant and factory clean, safe and tidy, this includes: cleaning, fork truck driving, machine maintenance, preventative maintenance, organisation of workshops and product storage.
You may be required to run one more than one machine at a time upon request.
Operatives must complete a series of basic maintenance functions on the machines for which you have been trained in order to preserve the machines in good working order and to minimise quality and production issues.
Experience in paper goods packing or other light goods production.
Skills / Abilities
Team player with an open and friendly personality with a can-do attitude.
Able to problem solve mechanical issues
Excellent customer focus
Working to tight production and changeover deadlines
Able to work methodically and achieve production KPIs
Ability to liaise clearly with other staff members and supervisors.
Committed to producing solid results.
Benefits: £10.00 per hour working on an alternating shift pattern across days & nights
Equivalent to £21,840 per annum based on standard hours, overtime may be available.
If interested please apply with an up to date CV