£20 - £26 per hour
27 days ago
Asset Management M&E Surveyor
Surveying and Asset Management (S&AM)
As a member of the Asset Management team you will be responsible for liaising closely predominantly with fellow engineers and consultants within S&AM in a role with wide ranging responsibilities and scope for development. Having a strong building services engineering background, either as a tradesperson or through an M&E design/facilities management career, you will have a good working knowledge of engineering plant, equipment and an understanding of applicable building services standards.
- Undertake asset verification, condition or dilapidation surveys on Mechanical and Electrical Plant.
- Assess and provide specific insight into the condition, performance and operational risk of M&E systems by undertaking non-intrusive inspections.
- Correctly identify, anticipate and if appropriate, research all M&E assets expected in any built environment.
- Gather and analyse as much information as is available on-site from the assets, Building Management Systems and O&M Manuals if required.
- Where required, review statutory compliance documentation pertaining to Building Regulations, H&S and Fire Safety.
- Liaise and communicate effectively with on-site engineers and staff to gain access to all areas within a site.
- Follow clear instructions without deviating from a set approach and methodology.
- Report writing
- Undergo a full DBS (CRB), SC check if required.
- Perform the function of M&E Asset Surveyor on S&AM operational projects.
- Manage client relationships at operational level with project teams and FM Service Providers.
- Prepare professional client reports and dashboards to a high standard on progress against S&AM deliverables.
- Review lifecycle expenditure requests on behalf of clients and comment of appropriateness and technical / commercial robustness.
- Work with the project teams, FM Service Providers and other S&AM team members to generate or review lifecycle plans.
Technical / Commercial
- Collating information from client projects and the industry to develop and maintain up to date and robust pricing information which supports the S&AM function.
- Identify ways to reduce cost, improve efficiency and drive best value across client portfolios.
- Maintain a library of information on M&E elements including strategic providers on product types rates and activity cycle.
- Develop solutions based on relevant best practice
- Contributes to the delivery of innovative solutions for clients
- Ensure that costs are managed and controlled to ensure the achievement of project profitability
- Experience in building services engineering and asset maintenance/replacement
- Engineering qualifications, ideally having been time served in an Electrical/Mechanical trade
- Experience of working within the built environment
- Experience of utilising reporting tools
- Experience of interpreting information and undertaking analysis of information from differing sources to formulate a conclusion
- Ability to work away from the home office and potentially abroad
- Suitability for security clearance
- Knowledge of asset management principles
- Able to build strong working relationships with other stakeholders whilst ensuring that the best interests of the projects are promoted and maintained
- Experience with web based (database) software platforms
- Possess an eye for detail.
- Problem solving in complex environments.
- Excellent written and presentational skills.
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office suite of programmes.
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Flexible and versatile
- Team player
- Driving licence
QUALIFICATIONS AND KNOWLEDGE
It is essential that the post holder has an academic qualification in mechanical and/or electrical engineering/building services or related discipline at least up to HND level or equivalent.
The candidate should ideally already possess or to be actively working towards a professional qualification in engineering, or facilities management.