St. Albans, Hertfordshire
Up to £0.00 per hour
5 months ago
3 Months rolling
* Good knowledge and experience of M&E Estimating preferably within TFL and/or Network Rail.
* Experience of commercial projects, civil works, Heating & Ventilating and High Voltage would be advantageous.
* Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
* The ability to manage projects and meet tight deadlines.
* Enthusiastic, proactive team player
* Strong problem solving ability and a keen attention to detail
* Organisational and presentational skills are crucial
* Excellent IT Skills
* Responsible for compiling estimates, working out how much it will cost to provide the client with products or services.
* Assessing materials, labour and equipment required and analysing different quotes from sub-contractors and suppliers.
* Be able to work from a bill of quantities or just a set of drawings from the client.
* Provide prices for everything from a one-off scheme to maintenance projects which will be completed over several years.
* Ability to produce and author Bid deliverables including methodologies.
* Combine site experience with quantity surveying skills, commercial acumen and a mind capable of financial analysis.
* Get the best price that will win the contract in a competitive bidding situation, while ensuring that the contract can be carried out profitably. The best price isn't always the lowest one, clients now award contracts based on quality of the services offered, as well as cost. So when bidding for new works a quality submission is required along with the estimated price.
* An appreciation of data confidentiality and be aware of things like price trends and regulations.
* Deadlines can mean long hours, be methodical, keep good records, understand Client documents, seek and take advice, and challenge yourself and others
* Spend most of the time in the office, but not always 9 to 5. The pressure and fixed nature of deadlines for tender submissions means that late nights may sometimes be needed.
* Working within a team environment, but also be able to use their own initiative.
* Overnight stays are rare, but occasionally may need to travel to meet clients on site.
* Ad hoc tasks as required by the department