Greater Manchester, England
Up to £420 per day
Rail Technical Team
7 months ago
Morson International are looking to recruit a Lead Design Engineer to join a leading name in the Rail Industry.
The purpose of the role is to lead a (virtual) design team in assuring compliance to a defined design process and ensuring that the design conforms to client requirements including quoted standards and specifications. The compliance to relevant statutory documentation is mandatory. Be responsible for the management of design production, design estimates, design programs and design work packages for bids, projects and services to contract requirements, standards, budget, and on-time delivery.
To undertake the role of Designer as identified in the CDM regulations, with particular attention to design risks. Ensure that safety risks are designed out or deemed as low as reasonably practicable.
Ideally you will have:
- A proven record of working in an H/W engineering environment at senior level.
- A full understanding of the Engineering lifecycle and its processes.
- Demonstrated design capabilities to at least a higher practitioner level for one key skill as captured and managed via the competency and capability management system.
- Performed or be capable of performing one or more of the roles to the level identified within the role table at the relevant level of responsibility.
- Supported or mentored others in key skills development and shares knowledge.
- Experience of or be capable of managing large teams (upto 15).
- Experience of or be capable of technically managing the interface to sub contractors or partners.