3 months ago
Job Title: Logistics Planning Manager
Salary: Competitive Package
Morson Group are exclusively partnering with an FMCG manufacturing business to support them in require high calibre professionals for their Logistics Function, and in particular, looking to recruit a Logistics Planning Manager. This very successful and diverse organisation are investing heavily in their manufacturing sites across the UK as they are keen to maintain both their high performance and key market position. With a controlling percentage of the UK market and a solid customer base they can offer stability and a strong career path.
Reporting into the Head of Logistics, the Logistics Planning Manager will have responsibility for leading and managing the outbound logistics function, including both fleet and planning, across multiple sites in the UK. This is a pivotal role for the business, with the position being viewed as a key leadership role, responsible for driving the team both in terms of performance and culture.
- Ensure the outbound logistics planning across all UK sites is full compliant both in terms of legislative and health and safety requirements
- Be the driving force behind coaching and developing the logistics function, encouraging consistency in performance across all areas
- Ensure the logistics function is either matching or exceeding both service and cost targets
- Ensure that the logistics function is operating within budget, looking to improve value for both the business and customers
- Manage multiple teams across various UK sites
- Develop relationships with 3rd party suppliers, whilst carrying out regular performance reviews
- Look to develop continuous improvements methodologies across the logistics operations
- Lead, advocate and role model the use of supply chain best practice, logistics tools, processes, methodologies and ways of working
- Ensure logistics performance is visible through a suite of KPI's
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Degree/Masters level, preferably in supply chain, logistics, operations or business administration
- In-depth understanding of the factors involved in operating an efficient logistics network to support manufacturing operations and a varied customer base ranging from other manufacturing sites to complex retail customers
- Detailed knowledge of managing third party logistics partners and how to drive performance and efficiency
- Knowledge of planning inbound and outbound stock movements and controlling logistics capacity
- Understanding of the key drivers in customer service, manufacturing, transport and warehousing operations
- Significant experience in and detailed knowledge of the end-to-end logistics operations across multiple business units
- A working knowledge of supply chain systems and processes within a manufacturing environment
- A high degree of commercial understanding of operations
- Proven ability to develop, manage and motivate high performing teams in a matrix management environment
- Experienced in overseeing the logistics elements of integrated business planning (Sales and Operations Planning) processes within a wider integrated planning business culture
- Flexibility and ability to adapt and lead change and make operational and commercial decisions based on those changes
- Excellent level of communication skills across different levels within the organisation
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details. Please note - if you have not received any feedback within 5 days, your application was not successful on this occasion.