Up to £9.70 per hour
7 months ago
We are looking to recruit a Logistics Planning Advisor who will be a part of the team providing an integrated Logistics solution between Projects, Project facing Procurement, Indirect Procurement and Logistics areas for a large defence company based in Portsmouth. The role will have a responsibility to manage the integrity of B Class data to ensure that material availability is maintained.
Duties will involve;
- Optimise inventory levels, and maintain stock availability
- Analysis of stock accuracy and provide data to support where necessary.
- Data Management for B Parts
- Compiling data for KPI Measures
- Providing inventory reporting and analysis
- Co-ordination between Projects, Procurement, Indirect Procurement, Engineering and Logistics.
- Create annual stock counting plan
- Develop a measure for scrap material.
- Identify and address surplus materials
The successful candidate will have an understanding of Logistics & Inventory Management and will be able to create Inventory reports. Advanced Excel skills are required including Pivot tables, Dynamic Charts, Excel formulas due to the amount of Data Analysis that takes place with inventory parts. You will also need to be competent in PowerPoint to create presentations and ideally have experience of IFS. You will be able to prioritise your work load to deal with Project demands according to priority. High levels of customer focus are required to ensure that delivery meets and exceeds the set expectations. You will have the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal/external customers and or suppliers.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.