6 days ago
Job Title: Logistics Planner
Salary: Competitive basic/package
Currently representing a privately owned International Logistics Company, renowned for their industry leading safety standards and cost effective services, who require a Logistics Planner to help develop their team further.
The role of Logistics Planner will ensure the creation of transport plans for all relevant transportation requirements to meet customer requirements; whilst ensuring all planned routes and resources are optimised resulting in prime customer service, cost effectiveness and resource productivity.
Stringent understanding and adherence to all compliance requirements, ensuring the Company's exemplary safety culture is upheld and enforced. Effectively communicating with all key stakeholders, internal and external, to ensure up to date and accurate information to delivered, ensuring the best service is provided
- Pro-actively liaising with internal transport operations and external customers to match demand with flexible resources
- Ability to respond quickly to changing operational needs by making effective decisions based on the information available
- Negotiation with depots to free up resources and coordinate activities to achieve OTIF targets
- Provide the main day to day point of contact for rhe operations and external 3pl's
- Working accurately and effectively with data from multiple systems including vendor managed inventory (VMI) telematics, customer demand forecast
- Responsible for adherence to all H&S and compliance requirements in all areas
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with customers and employees of all levels is essential, as are a 'can do attitude' and problem solving skills.
- Takes ownership of the day to day planning requirements of the business whilst actively reaching to implement improvements whenever they arise
- Take an active role in the wider business including projects, supporting other Operations Managers, implementations and business development in particular with existing customers.
- A minimum of 3 Years previous planning experience
- Ability to plan, prioritise, work to deadlines, without supervision and on their own initiative.
- Dynamic and proactive.
- Experience working with, and managing, internal and external sub-contractors
- Managers CPC-Desirable
The company prides itself on creating an inspiring environment for employees, generating an ethos of entrepreneurial spirit and rewarding opportunities. There are definite long term career options for the right candidate, plus a great environment to work in.
To apply, please email a copy of your most up to date CV or call Tom Wowk on 0161 707 1516 for more details. Please note - if you have not received any feedback within 5 days, your application was not successful on this occasion.