Up to £18.18 per hour
13 days ago
We are looking to recruit a Logistics Planner to co-ordinate and manage the shipping and receipt of units and parts between a large manufacturing company, its suppliers and team mates.
Duties will involve;
- Balanced workload plan - Maintenance and operation of the balanced workload plan
- Customer requirements - Expedient progression of scheduled customer requirements
- Problem resolution - Provision of active support to the resolution of problems affecting the ability of operations to work to the workload plan
- Stakeholder engagement - Open, honest and timely communication with appropriate stakeholders of information effecting the successful progression of logistics and operations activities
- Operational reviews - Contribution to reviews with logistics team members and other supply chain stakeholders
- Business performance - Support to the reviewing of business performance metrics and the timely implementation of any actions resulting from the reviews
- Safety, health and environment - Support any activity surrounding company health, safety and environment plans and take due responsibility for yourself and colleagues operating in your area
- Operational excellence - Support and implement the developing principles of operational excellence within your area (for example flow and pull, lean logistics etc.)
- Shipping - Assist in the management of shipment and receipt of units, parts and tooling in line with the delivery schedule. Maintain the shipping register
- Export - Request associated export paperwork and raising of C of C's via Unicode system
The successful candidate will have experience in logistics and/or supply chain procedures and processes. A working knowledge of Unicode is preferred. You will have previous experience of export and import activities for shipment and receipt of assets both in Europe and rest of the world. You will be proficient in the use of MS office software such as Outlook and Excel. Experience of being an operational logistics planner would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will have the ability to contribute to problem solving activities for the development of short and long term solutions to day to day problems. You will possess good communication and team working skills and have the ability to engage and communicate with other logistics team members and other stakeholders across the end to end supply chain. You will be flexible, self-motivated and customer focussed with high levels of data integrity.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Logistics planning; supply chain; supplier management; risk management; negotiation; supplier performance; purchase orders; ERP systems; MS Office; influencing skills; shipping; ITAR; spares and repairs; Import Control; Export Control; Trade Governance; Export License; Import License; Import Clearances; Export Clearances: ITAR; EAR; Export Control Regulations; Import Control Regulations;