Sherburn in Elmet
£24086 - £24736 per annum
about 2 months ago
To operate as a multi-skilled and adaptable member of the Logistics team. To be physically and mentally adept in providing first class working practice within the stores and manufacturing environment. Methodical by nature with a keen eye for detail which leads to reliable stock management, inventory control and materials handling. Enthusiastic and willing to get involved in every aspect of warehouse and logistics management, confident communicator and all-round team player.
* Be aware and observe all relevant Health, Safety & Environmental best practice standards at all times. Demonstrate strict adherence and compliance with L&G Modular Homes' Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policies and procedures to ensure a safe working environment is maintained and that all legal requirements are achieved.
* To ensure that all supplier deliveries are processed on time, stock is located correctly and accurately, picked and issued to the production lines as required.
* Operate all material movements and transactions, from goods in, through assembly and despatch, within our computer-based ERP/MRP systems to the highest level of discipline and accuracy.
* Certified and capable of operating the full range of materials handling equipment for the movement of materials within the facility as required to complete the role.
* To help develop and maintain strong collaboration and communications within the team and between departments to facilitate delivery and production needs, whilst ensuring quality and customer service are never compromised.
* Cleaning and maintaining of work areas and machinery to Legal and General Housekeeping Standards, ensuring the factory is kept free from ALL disposable materials, clean and tidy at all times and rubbish is removed and place in the appropriate skips/areas
* To work in accordance with the Company's policies and procedures, so that the team's business objectives are achieved consistently and are compliant to business and legal requirements
* The logistics team will develop as the business grows but will include the following responsibilities Good receiving, put away/picking, lineside Kanban management and replenishment milk rounds, picking and despatch of finished product, cycle counting and stock management.
* To carry out any other duties as required/requested by the company.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills:
* Minimum GCSE Math & English Grade 9 to 4, A* to C
* Hold a current valid Fork Lift Truck license for all classes
* Multi-directional FLT licence an advantage
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
* Worked in similar role previously with one or more of the listed responsibilities - Moderate Level
* MHE training and experience as applicable within L&G.
* Manufacturing experience - Moderate Level
* ERP/MRP Stores systems - Moderate Level
* Ability to work to procedures
* Computer literate with good administration skills
* Good communicator, verbal and written (legible handwriting)
* Ability to prioritise workload
* Flexible and trustworthy
Behaviours / DNA
* Straightforward - Fair, transparent and communicates in an open and honest way
* Collaborative - Works with others constructively, seeks out originality and values the diversity within our teams
* Purposeful - Works with pace and energy, takes ownership and demonstrates excellent execution
* Ambition - Self motivation, determination and drive
As a Legal and General employee, you are required to play an active role in the promotion of health and safety, the continuing drive for safer working and to ensure that any unsafe acts are reported in accordance with best practice, Legal and General Homes policy and legal requirements. You must also adhere to any specific responsibilities related to your role in the company in accordance with the health and safety management system and policies.