£14.04 - £17.77 per hour
24 days ago
Morson International are currently looking to recruit a Logistics Operative on behalf of BAE Systems in Barrow-In-Furness, for an initial 6 month contract.
* To manage the control of materials, tools and consumables from receipt to dispatch / delivery whilst maintaining system applications.
* The accurate receipt, replenishment, issue, transfer and / or delivery of materials, tools and consumables using relevant Logistics systems and processes (including calibration and maintenance of equipment).
* Carry out inventory checks and undertake stock discrepancies activity to reconcile inventory records.
* Collation of transport data such as quantity of pallets collected where required, tachographs as appropriate (for transport specific employees).
* Run relevant data reports using systems based applications and communicate as required.
* Control and management of reverse logistics.
* Adherence to Logistics Process Instructions.
* Use of radio and or relevant communication methods as required.
* Support loading and unloading of vehicles in a safe and timely manner and in line with company procedures.
* Conduct basic checks prior to using company vehicles or equipment and ensure that defects are recorded and reported promptly.
* Ensure compliance with site safety standards (including pedestrian safety).
* Support audit activities as required.
* Operation of tooling and mechanical handling equipment to support receipt and issue of material as required, in a safe manner complying with company operating procedures at all times.
*Please note, various shift work and some 7 day working arrangements may apply, for which the rate is uplifted*
RECOGNISING THE RESTRICTED NATURE OF THIS ROLE, CANDIDATES MUST BE SC CLEARED OR ELIGIBLE FOR THIS LEVEL OF CLEARANCE