Up to £13.37 per hour
9 days ago
Morson International are currently looking to recruit a Logistics Operative on behalf of BAE Systems in Barrow-In-Furness.
The role of the Logistics Operative is:
- To manage the control of materials, tools and consumables from receipt to despatch / delivery whilst maintaining system applications.
- The accurate receipt, replenishment, issue, transfer and / or delivery of materials, tools and consumables using relevant Logistics systems and processes (including calibration and maintenance of equipment).
- Carry out inventory checks and undertake stock discrepancies activity to reconcile inventory records.
- Collation of transport data such as; quantity of pallets collected where required, tachographs as appropriate (for transport specific employees).
- Run relevant data reports using systems based applications and communicate as required.
- Control and management of reverse logistics.
- Adherence to Logistics Process Instructions.
- Use of radio and or relevant communication methods as required.
- Support loading and unloading of vehicles in a safe and timely manner and in line with company procedures.
- Conduct basic checks prior to using company vehicles or equipment and ensure that defects are recorded and reported promptly.
- Ensure compliance with site safety standards (including pedestrian safety).
- Support audit activities as required.
- Operation of tooling and mechanical handling equipment to support receipt and issue of material as required, in a safe manner complying with company operating procedures at all times.
*Please note, various shift work and some 7 day working arrangements may apply*