Up to £9.32 per hour
7 months ago
This role involves being part of a team of people directly involved in the physical logistics within Filton Manufacturing, working within the physical logistics organisation ensuring all daily / weekly activities are carried out in an efficient and effective manner. Ensure all material requirements are received, issued to production using the appropriate SAP system, adhering to the processes and procedures set by Planning and Supply Chain Logistics and ensure delivery and despatch processes are completed.
- Responsible in ensuring that housekeeping regimens are adhered to and adopt the departmental 5C policy to its current and future standards.
- Administration of good and aircraft parts to be despatched on SAP
- Manually and mechanically handling goods and aircraft parts.
- Checking aircraft parts prior to packing. Packing and labelling packages to be dispatched. Liaison with customers to ensure prompt delivery.
- Work as part of a team to ensure that all of the above deliverables are carried out efficiently and safely in order to maintain schedule adherence and to comply with specific processes, procedures and legislation.
- Fully conversant with Health and Safety procedures to ensure both the safety of themselves and their colleagues.
- Compliance with all risk assessments and company Environment, Health & Safety Procedures relevant to all work activities. Reporting of all incidents, accidents and near misses as per the company's procedure and implementation of identified corrective actions.
- Maintain good standards of housekeeping in designated work area(s). Champion 'Export Control' compliance activities, ensuring you and where applicable, members of your team, adhere to the site 'Technology Control Plan (TCP)', guaranteeing compliance with Export Control Regulations, controls, training and systems.
- Ensure compliance with all risk assessments and company Environment, Health & Safety Procedures relevant to all work activities including jig and tool. Report all incidents, accidents and near misses as per the company's procedure and implementation of identified corrective actions. Maintain good standards of housekeeping in designated work area(s).
- Champion 'Export Control' compliance activities, ensuring adherence to the site 'Technology Control Plan (TCP)', guaranteeing compliance with Export Control Regulations, controls, training and systems.
Qualifications and Skills
- Effective communication skills
- Effective customer management skills
- Self-motivated and flexible
- High degree of initiative
- Ability to work within a small team
- Stores and Stock experience
- Organisational skills
- Ability to follow written instructions
- Disciplined approach to process adherence
- Must be SAP literate and have numerous core skills to carry out the role to the required standard
- Good DCE computer based skills for KPIs preferably ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence)
- FLT licence desirable
- Export Control understanding and regulatory requirements