Up to £0.00 per annum + Negotiable
7 months ago
Our client are looking for a Logistics Manager for a project based at their site in Bonnybridge. This is an urgent requirement site based and the role holder will be a critical worker. This is a contract role, Initially for 6 months but may go longer.
Require the candidate to undertake an operational project of re-evaluating the needs of the Logistics department, looking at their current systems/ procedures, calculating risk / costs etc of Outsourcing V keeping Inhouse and creating proposals for the company.
The job is the link between global purchasing, warehouse management (across multiple sites) and stock control of £20m, with transport deployment strategy across 10 sub depot locations.
To lead and coach a team of people to maximise productivity, quality and effectiveness. To manage the businesses transport requirements. To manage the stores and the efficient delivery of materials. Focus on minimising discretionary spend and ensure proactive control of costs. Ensure legal compliance of Transport legislation through proactive auditing.
This critical role requires someone with great team management skills, as well as ensuring the reliability of manufacturers and suppliers to ensure deliveries are sent to the correct location following strict time scales. The postholder will have a requirement to respond to a number of different challenges in this role. The accountabilities are varied and a degree of knowledge is required in each area to ensure effectiveness.
Take ownership and the lead in overall objectives to improve the safety and customer service culture across the organisation. Able to make balanced decisions, taking into account all possible information available, able to consult with others when applicable and anticipate/recognise possible outcomes.
* Ensure that optimum stock levels are maintained to meet Business needs.
* Manage the transport and plant for Customer & Performance
* Assist in the development and delivery of the Transport Business SLA.
* Focus on minimising discretionary spend and ensure proactive control of costs
* Focus on continuous improvement through quality processes
* Ensure optimum utilisation of drivers, vehicles and plant.
* Communicate openly (formally and informally) to your team the issues facing the business and your section, setting, discussing and reviewing targets and performance.
* Monitoring the team (attendance / performance etc)
* Develop an understanding of the relevant trade union agreements..
* Carry out office, site and operational audits on your team.
* Ensure team is aware of and complies with Company Health, Safety and Environmental requirements and update them on particular issues as they arise working with your team towards a zero accident culture.
* Capture feedback and issues from Operational Safety and Compliance Audits, Quality Audits etc and address any non-conformances.
* Prepare and manage budgets and monitor appropriate cost information from relevant financial systems
* Comply with OFGEM and internal levels of service.
* Respond appropriately to Customer Complaints, taking ownership and resolving as appropriate
* Deliver excellent customer service to all aspects of your operation and instil this in your team. Actively promote customer service standards within area of responsibility.
* Enthusiastic and flexible individual with drive to succeed and self motivated.
* Excellent communication skills with individuals at all levels.
* Strong customer focus.
* Effective decision maker, not inhibited by consultation with others when necessary or give lead as required.
* Ability to lead and motivate teams.
* Ability to deliver objectives without compromising on safety, quality or customer service.
* Well-developed consultation and negotiation skills.
* Good organisation and time management skills.
* An effective and confident written and verbal communicator.
* Working knowledge of transport legislation.
* At least 3 years experience in a team management role.
* Working knowledge of relevant IT Applications
* Knowledge of Employment Law