£0.00 - £20.00 per hour
9 months ago
- To proactively and comprehensively manage all activities related to the Importing, Exporting, shipping and Logistics of Airbus Defence & Space.
- To ensure compliance with all HMRC procedures and regulations
- To Co-ordinate Import and Export activities for the resident site, conforming to HM Revenue & Customs regulations and the following governing departments & organisations using the appropriate business systems where applicable.
- HM Revenue & Customs (IPR/OPR/Intrastat)
- European Space Agency Regulations
- Marine & Coastguard agency (CAA)
- US Departments of Defence (ITAR) and Commerce (EAR).
- Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
- Controls & Coordinates despatching of goods via Service Provider (DHL, UPS, Laser, Fraser etc) using dedicated software provided.
- Monitor & Record all imports, both EU and outside EU, recording duty status Deferred, waiver etc
- Checking & monitoring of Freight/courier invoices for payment ensuring accurate costing, charging to project where applicable in a timely manner.
- Ensure all HM Revenue & Customs duty liabilities are fulfilled, minimising cost to Airbus DS.
- Accurately aligning the exports to the imports for IPR etc.
- Raising necessary paperwork concerning all movements of Dangerous Goods.
- Raising of proforma invoices, obtaining information required from requestor & export control.
- Filling and scanning and administration
- Operational liaison with National & International logistics/transportation
- Import/Export & Customs Compliance & Regulations
- Working knowledge of supply chain logistics
- Effective communications.
- International Transportation legislation & procedure.
- Dangerous goods rules & regulations
- Customer Service
- SAP business system
- PC Literate
Required Qualification level:
Current Dangerous Goods Certificate for IATA (air), ADR (road) and IMDG (Sea).
- Employment within an International / multi-site Engineering, or Manufacturing environment, particularly in the Aerospace field.
- Previous Logistics, Transportation & Customs responsibility.
- Working environment/industry: Engineering, Aerospace, Space, Automotive.
- Communicates both verbally and in written form.
- Is able to create confidence and understanding and gain commitment from others.
- Personal drive and motivation
- Team working
- Planning, organisation and prioritisation
- Willing to travel if and when required.Desirable
- Experience & direct involvement in continuous improvement process tools & techniques.
- Previous background in telecommunications space industry
- Purchasing & supply chain exposure
- Interface between the operational staff, project & Manufacturing area Managers.
- Interface with Logistics /Transport/Goods in/ Export & Compliance Departments both Portsmouth & Stevenage.
- Central Finance
- Purchasing & Procurement Departments
- Interfacing with Logistics Service Providers, National & International Authorities Transportation, airline & Licensing authorities
- HM Revenue & Customs
- Marine coast guard agency
- External Service providers