Up to £14.03 per hour
about 1 month ago
A vacancy has arisen for a Logistics Controller based at a large aerospace company near Blackburn.
The jobholder will play a fundamental role in supporting the Customer Operational requirements across various programmes. The post-holder will be required to support customer requirements within stringent timescales. Interaction with key stakeholders across all business functions is integral to the role.
As a Logistics Controller your main responsibilities will involve:
- Managing stock in line with customer required delivery date
- Liaising with Suppliers to answer any queries which may be raised upon receipt of items
- Ensuring that all relevant export control regulations are adhered to
- Reporting on progress to the team and key stakeholders within the business
The successful applicant will be flexible, self-motivated, and mobile with good interpersonal skills.
The role is responsible for supporting the achievement of schedule adherence providing support to supply chain and procurement management processes and activities to facilitate the effective schedule adherence. Key tasks are;
- Build and maintain awareness of and adhere to all relevant supply chain management policies, procedures and processes.
- Understand and support the working level relationship with the customer, suppliers and partners.
- Contribute, under guidance, to the development of supply chain requirements to meet customer needs and to form a basis for developing and prioritising order progression.
- Supply support to the effective execution of reporting and data provision in support of overall order book management.
- Produce and maintain, as directed, all relevant supply chain management reviews, reports, information and other documentation in line with need and all relevant procedures.
- Identify and expedite, under direction, actions to respond to minor issues and deviations from the normal order book management.
- Maintain supply chain systems and documentation in line with supply chain need and all relevant procedures.
- Ensure that the full range of required administrative support is in place to enable the supply chain team to function effectively.
The successful candidate will have good team working and communication skills and ideally have experience of working within a manufacturing area. You will have previous logistics/supply chain experience.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this role.