Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
£9.00 - £9.17 per hour
18 days ago
A vacancy for an Inventory / Stock controller on the 2-10 pm shift has become available, the successful candidate will be required to undertake the key responsibilities below:
* Execution of physical inventory cycle counting plan
* Gemba activity to assess warehouse aisles and locations to improve stock accuracy
* Deliver Inventory Records Analysis % (IRA) results to business targets
* Completion of full root cause investigations relating to missing stock queries
* Support reduction of net inventory adjustments £value
* Maintaining metrics and preparing reports for communication
* SAP data management of materials and warehouse locations e.g. LE quantities / minimum / maximum bin size changes / fixed bin allocation
* Inventory Control improvement project activity to avoid future picking, replenishment and put away processing problems
Other requirements we are looking for:
* Understand departmental goals and contribute to achieving the targets of the team. Escalate issues and always focus on eliminating problems not just fixing issues.
* Participate at Tier 1 meetings following standardology and display full engagement and involvement to your team at all times.
* Join team members and collaborate to meet 5S, TPM and Gemba objectives. Demonstrate passion for HOS by getting involved in site activities and adopting HOS principles and tools e.g. Lean and Six Sigma, 5S audits and work area checklists, scheduled go-&-see activity.
* Support the team by continuously seeking opportunities to improve performance in delivering incremental improvements. Raise and implement Kaizen ideas to resolve issues. Continuously ask: What is working? What is not working? What can we do differently?
* Good organisational skills and the ability to multitask
* Good communication skills and team working skills are essential.
* Understanding of Microsoft Office Applications and working experience & competence of SAP systems is desirable.
Pay rate - £9 p/h (will increase to £9.17 p/h after 12 weeks)
Shift - 2pm - 10pm
A drug screening will be required on successful candidates.