Up to £30200 per annum
4 months ago
Our client in the Chester area has a requirement for a Logistics Administrator to join the business on a Permanent basis.
Reporting into the Shift Manager, the Logistics Administrator will provide administrative support relating to effective and efficient processing of all customer orders.
- Resolving issues on a daily basis and identifying trends which can be used to help introduce effective counter measures.
- Work collaboratively with the Despatch team to ensure a smooth operation.
- Troubleshooting issues that arise on shift enabling the Logistics team to focus on the operation
- Collation of a daily handover detailing issues and resolutions.
- Fully investigate and correct all incomplete shipments using the recognised IT systems
- Support Stock Control team with necessary administrative tasks.
- Assist with the required inventory checks to ensure stock accuraccy.
- Effectively manage all returns and transfers in accordance with the agreed processes.
-Ensure all shipments leave with correct documentation
- Run reports to verify that transactions are replicated in SAP and Autostore
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Good level of general education and ability to learn new concepts and principles.
- Detailed knowledge of SAP is essential
- Positive attitude and 'can do' approach
- Knowledge and previous experience in high-pressure Logistics environments
- Ability to demonstrate personal success in the achievement of challenging business targets
- Understanding of the Warehouse and Distribution industry
- Problem solving skills
- Computer literate - with strong MS Excel skills
- Previous experience of SAP or similar warehouse management system
- Autostore experience desirable
- Excellent communication skills
- Time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritise
- Ability to work on short-term issues and support colleagues across the business
Please note this is a Shift-based role which does involve working some weekends.