14 days ago
Liquid Composite Moulding Technician is required by our client
- To complete practical engineering tasks in line with requirements. This will be un-supervised in some complex and non-complex circumstances.
- Complete a range of engineering processes in line with MIS's in conjunction with process specifications. Operate as a competent technician with minimum supervision and oversee the work of Apprentices, Associate Technicians or Trainees.
- Carry out routine maintenance as required. Use own discretion when addressing non-routine maintenance/break down issues and escalate as appropriate.
- Advise Research Engineers in defining complex and non- complex processes/methods. Review and select appropriate techniques, procedures and methods to undertake tasks; explaining the reasoning behind a decision and its implications.
- Assist and leads Apprentices, Trainees and Associate Technicians with practical engineering tasks. Be able to demonstrate accurately the use of equipment or techniques.
- Solve problems found with engineering data or documentation. Prepare justified recommendations for any inaccuracies and/ or challenge discrepancies in documentation and specifications. Take an analytical and methodical approach to problem solving, identifying causes and achieve satisfactory solutions.
- Analyse how a technology/ method or process could be developed to support engineering requirements by explaining how this will meet future engineering needs.
- Complete tasks to support project requirements by performing practical tasks to complete a range of technical activities. This may be with supervision in more complex circumstances.
- Apply and develop innovative approaches to investigate, evaluate and develop practical solutions in basic and some complex technical contexts. This level of innovation may include concepts for a new generation of an existing system or process where limited existing knowledge exists. This is medium risk.
- Complete documents detailing outcomes of the technical activity being assessed and provide recommendations going forward
- Actively engages with and presents customers with informative updates on progress, successes and challenges until activity completion to enhance customer relationships.
- Pursue opportunities for collaborative working by proactively working with other to achieve shared goals and better position company technical capabilities.
Health & Safety
- Review and report on safe working practices; highlight potential risks and hazards and work with others to improve safe working practices.
- Recognise and highlight the need for risk/COSHH assessments. Assist with their creation and follow-up on actions.
- Contribute to route cause analysis and non-conformance investigations/reports. Suggest future improvement to minimise risk of repeat issues.