£0.00 - £55000.00 per annum
7 months ago
Linux Systems Engineer - Weymouth
I am working with a leading Defence and Aerospace company that work on groundbreaking challenging and complex projects that help shape the UK's Defence infrastructure. They are expanding the software engineering team by looking for a Linux Systems Engineer who has an interest in coding in Java or C++ .
The role will involve working closely within our software development teams to design, develop and deploy a range of complex software solutions hosted on Linux platforms and provide Linux specific expertise in the areas of installation, configuration and optimization.
The team is relatively small, however, they are looking to double it in size over the next 12 months and this is an opportunity for someone to establish themselves in this growing team. In a growing team, there are opportunities for individuals to make an impact and prove there worth, this role would suit someone who relishes any opportunity to progress their career.
- Linux Operating System configuration
- Linux application development and deployment
- Defect investigation and defect resolution
- Support of integration and verification activities
- Accountable for cost and schedule of assigned work
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- Red Hat Linux application development - Essential
- Red Hat configuration including production of Kickstart files - Essential
- C++ or Java Development - Desirable
- Linux device driver development - Desirable
- Linux Device Driver porting - Desirable
- Red Hat certification (RHCSA, RHCE) or similar - Desirable
- Hands on experience of DevOps practices and tools - Desirable
- VMware - Desirable
- RTI DDS Experience - Desirable
- IP Network design and optimisation - Desirable
- Proficient with a variety of Software Configuration Tools including SVN and GIT - Desirable
The Defence industry is one of the most stable industries at the moment because of the mission-critical projects that the handle. If you are interested in working for a stable organisation with an opportunity to be apart of a growing team and working on challenging and complex projects then please get in touch.