South Africa, South Africa
Up to ZAR0.00 per annum + negotiable
8 months ago
Morson International are looking for a Linux System Administrator - Senior to join the team of an important Telecommunications company. Rate negotiable.
- Assist in the implementation of approved policies and procedures for operating system design, implementation and maintenance
- Provide input in the planning of operating systems upgrades and deployment
- Provide support in the implementation and user acceptance testing of operating systems
- Assist in the development of a proactive maintenance cycle for operating systems and automate preventive/routine maintenance on systems
- Perform daily operating system administration tasks, including hardware & software upgrades, Patch & Security patch management and maintain regulatory controls
- Ensure optimal performance of all applications running on operating system environment through proactive tuning and preventive maintenance
- Perform daily systems checks and correct any issues
- Monitor systems performance and recommend adjustments to system parameters to ensure optimum performance and response time
- Work with the User Support team to provide second level support to end users and ensure timely resolution of system problems
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports
- Maintain security and data integrity
- Implement and support audit and compliance regulations as per requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications or Computer Science
- At least 7 years' experience of IT industry including at least 5 years' experience of system development or operation service delivery
- Have intimate knowledge of x86 Servers such as HP, IBM, Dell etc.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in RedHat Linux administration
- Be skilled in Script language for programming including Shell, Perl, Python or Java programming
- F5 maintenance and operation
- Better to have in AIX, Solaris OS maintenance and operation
- Familiar with mainstream system monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Nagios, etc. and automatic deployment tools such as Chef, Cfengine or Puppet, etc.
- Familiar with tools and the scripts/programs of Configuration/ Deployment (REDHAT SATELLITE SVR)
- Familiar with the operation of application servers (not the application itself), especially application servers in regards of JBoss and webservers
- Excellent communication skill and team player
- Fluent English communication skills
- Provide a 24x7 service supervision through on call
- Available for international travel for training and knowledge transfer of customers
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and I will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Christy from Morson for more information.