Crawley, West Sussex
£45.00 - £51.00 per annum
4 months ago
My client has an Air To Ground Global product, and we are looking for a Linux Software/Firmware Engineer as part of the flight avionics technical team who can help build components for the proof of concept of their end to end (airborne segment to ground segment) connectivity solution. The solution will provide various connectivity services on board aircraft to improve passenger on board experience as well as crew experience and airline operations.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting feature development of two functionalities, namely traffic flow management and health data reporting.
- Assisting with the functional specification definition of these functionalities.
- Writing comprehensive unit and integration tests.
- Generating technical documentation (functional specifications, flow and message diagrams, API definitions)
- Assisting with the logical architecture definition.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Seasoned in Firmware / Software Development.
- Absolute understanding of OOP principles with specific application development in PHP.
- A strong understanding of Linux and Device Driver Development.
- Seasoned in Network Management Protocols and Socket programming: TCP/IP, UDP, SNMP.
- Knowledge of Ethernet and its aviation variants such as ARINC 664-pt2 and ARINC 664-pt7, as well as other aviation networking standards such as A429
- Happy in a faced paced collaborative engineering environment.
ICING ON THE CAKE
- RADIUS networking protocol and AAA management
- Network management and LTE, Avionics background
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK 2 SW/FIRMWARE ENGINEERS WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO ARE CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)