Up to £280.00 per day + 15% Shift uplift on deployment
4 days ago
A vacancy for a Zephyr Line Maintenance Manager has arisen in Farnborough.
This exciting opportunity will require you to lead a fully operational and proportionate Line Maintenance Organisation in accordance with international Military and Civilian Aviation Regulations that ensures the continuing airworthiness of the Zephyr RPAS.
The successful candidate will be subject to UK Security Clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
The role will report into the Zephyr Head of Engineering.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* For the purposes of MAA Regulated Flight Operations, act as the Line Maintenance Post Holder, represent the management structure of the Maintenance Organisation and be responsible for all functions in RA 4800 - 4849 (MRP Part 145)
* Maintain and develop the Baseline MOE, Maintenance and Continuing Airworthiness Management procedures to ensure compliance with the Military RA's and Civil Airworthiness Requirements
* Act as the HAPS point of contact for Aviation Authority engagement
* Act as the authority to technically co-ordinate the System (Aircraft and GCS) for Flight
* Work closely with the Head of Flight Operations to ensure safe and efficient flight operations
* Work closely with the Continuing Airworthiness Post Holder ensuring the system is maintained IAW with it Maintenance Schedule and IAW HAPS internal procedures
* Ensure System Defect Control and Rectification is completed on time and IAW with HAPS Procedure
* Ensure Maintenance Related Occurrences are reported into the HAPS SMS.
* Ensure all Resources, Materials, Tooling, and Facilities are available to the Line maintenance team to enable them to carry out their duties IAW RA4806 and MRP 145.A.65
* Manage Maintenance / Trials Man Power Planning
* Manage a team of Highly Skilled Line Maintenance Engineers across multiple international outstations ensuring maintenance tasks are completing on time and to the requirements of the HAPS Maintenance Operations Manual
* Ensure all Line Maintenance Personnel are appropriately trained, competent and authorised to carryout Maintenance within their trade boundaries
* Report directly to the Accountable Manager Military Flying on any adverse trend or occurrence that could risk the safety of HAPS personnel, the public, and the RPAS
* Represent the Maintenance Organisation at Air Safety Working and Safety Steering Groups
* Promote a positive and proactive safety culture within the organisation
Qualifications and Experience Required:
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
* Formal Aircraft Maintenance Training (Military or Civilian Aviation College Graduate)
* An engineering Qualification related to the position being held (Aircraft Maintenance and / or Aircraft Maintenance License)
* Solid and demonstrable experience in Aircraft Maintenance, some of which must be on Unmanned Systems
* Proven background in Aircraft Maintenance Management (P145 and Part M)
* Thorough understanding of Military and Civilian Aviation Regulation
* Experienced in Aircraft Flight Trials
* Ability to understand regulation and translate it into working procedures
* Ability to communicate at all levels
* Ability to make sound technical judgments and to strict deadlines
The role will require frequent travel and international deployment for extended periods in line with programme demands (current deployment planned for America and Australia).