£33.23 - £33.28 per annum
0161 707 1516
about 2 months ago
This Liaison Engineer is responsible for supporting the QEC Engineering Support Team in ensuring that the service delivered to the QEC class is safe and delivers a functional engineering product. This is achieved through proactive review of the integrity of work instructions during project planning and responding to engineering queries during project delivery.
Possesses in-depth knowledge of all aspects within his/her discipline.
* Able to perform robust analysis using recognised draughting and analytical tools and to make sound judgements based on experience.
* Has sufficient breadth of knowledge of warship design and the sound judgement needed to be able make correct trade-off decisions.
* Provide technical support and troubleshooting responses in assigned areas to operational units or other activities.
* Some experience of repair, maintenance and integration of ships systems and equipment.
* During project delivery, resolve production queries as quickly as practicable within safety / design intent. The role will include the need to carry out engineering calculations, investigate and resolve engineering and maintenance support issues, and to support Ops, COMs and Project Management functions in the delivery of ship projects or programmes. Make engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority (within Design Intent).
* During project planning, help review work in conjunction with ship's staff, COM and Ops to ensure that it contains sufficient engineering content, appropriate levels of acceptance and assurance and that product safety / quality considerations have been incorporated into the Project Haz ID / Quality Scope.
* As directed by the Principal Liaison Engineer support to planning / delivery, produce and develop complex designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out detail design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained, taking due cognisance of Design for Production.
* Support the Principal Liaison Engineer/PEM in maintaining engineering oversight, providing engineering governance, assurance and facilitating Warship Support to ensure overall quality and integrity of production work in addition to formal quality related events.
* Support in the application of mandated MOD safety and environmental systems, BAE Systems Engineering Governance, Product Safety & associated Frameworks
* Support regular HAZID and attend Risk and opportunity reviews, supporting the engagement of relevant stakeholders as required.
* Assist in maintaining functional and governance interfaces with Alliance partners (such as, but not limited to - SCAs, Safety & Environmental Protection team (SEP) within D Ships, Babcock) and COMs.
* Support Production Teams to aid in the application of requirements and standards to ensure they are fully understood and met.
* Support the developing, maintaining and modifying engineering processes and procedures in assigned areas in response to technical developments and operational need.
* Support the development of best practice to increase the capability, performance of tools and processes.
* To identify training requirements, skills gaps and development requirements of own discipline.
* Keep up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services (seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge to continuously improve practices), and supply technical support and expertise to others as required.