Up to £0.00 per annum
7 months ago
Job Posting Title: Legal & Compliance Officer (Pan Euro CM)
Location: Canary Wharf, London
Job Type: Contract (3 months)
Job Description Summary: We are looking for a qualified lawyer to support the client's Pan EMEA Capital Markets and Corporate Finance businesses.
Justification: We are looking for temporary cover for a colleague who is going on medical leave (starting in early February). The role is funded 50% by Legal & Compliance and 50% by EMEA Capital Markets. The role is crucial for ensuring that the legal steps for EMEA Capital Market transactions are properly managed from start to finish.
- The individual should have experience in managing deals and transactions, and being able to facilitate the business at various stages. Particular tasks and steps include:
- Amending and assisting with non-disclosure agreements (whether using the Client's template or third party's version).
- Drafting and assisting in negotiation of the Client's letter of engagement / services contract (together with variation letters).
- Advising on steps to avoid the risk of non-payment of the Client's fees (e.g. identifying the correct contracting parties, managing changes and SPVs),
- Facilitating the onboarding of clients (e.g. helping with obtaining of KYC documents for the Pan-Euro and local teams).
- Identifying transactions that may fall within the financially regulated perimeter and need to be managed by the Client's Corporate Finance Ltd business (FCA authorized)
- Working with the Client's Local Capital Markets teams to organise invoicing of clients and inter- invoicing
- Providing the interface between the Legal & Compliance teams in individual countries to ensure that local contracting /compliance steps are completed.
This role is aimed at individuals with a recognised legal qualification (typically a solicitor). Although there is no set level of professional qualification experience required and the focus is on quality and skills, it is likely suited to someone with +5 years' transaction and commercial experience. Previous employment in the real estate sector or corporate finance industries are a plus.
Subject matter expertise
The candidate is likely to have expertise in some or all of the following areas:
- Corporate Finance
- Funding Real Estate Development
- M&A or transaction management
- Financial Regulation