Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester
£300 - £400 per day
6 months ago
Morson are proud to own the interim recruitment on behalf of Manchester Airports Group (MAG)
Employing over 6,500 people, the Group owns and operates three of the UK's most important airports: Manchester, London Stansted and East Midlands Airport. The Group also has over £640m of investment property assets across its three airports and has a 50 % investment in the £800m major Enterprise Zone development, Airport City, at Manchester. We have expanding businesses in the US, MAG O, and contribute over £7bn to the economy and support over 130,000 jobs.
We are currently recruiting an interim Learning and Development Manager who will be responsible for leading the development and delivery of the airport L&D long and short-term plans and learning solutions which improve manager capability, colleague performance, customer service. This is a particularly exciting time to join the MAG HR team who are undergoing an innovative transformation programme.
- Work with the People Director and People Partners to undertake the training needs analysis for the airport.
- Collaborate with other L&D colleagues across the group to develop the airport L&D strategy in alignment to the MAG People Strategy.
- Work with SMEs and departmental trainers to develop learning and development solutions.
- Collaborate across the Group on defined projects ensuring solutions are developed to be relevant and usable across all airports and functions.
- Optimise the learning and development budget, finding innovative ways to deliver effective development, creating solutions which can be used across airports/functions driving efficiency in terms of how training is delivered.
- Create learning and development interventions which are effective, inclusive, optimising the use of technology.
- Measure the effectiveness of learning interventions and use data and feedback to improve offerings.
- Lead the implementation of group L&D programmes within the airport.
- Support the development of L&D skills in operational appointed trainers.
- Work with the Early Careers Manager to support roll-out and delivery of apprenticeship and graduate programmes within the airport.
- Collaborate with the Airport Academy lead to ensure plans are aligned with the overall L&D strategy and plan and ensure the opportunities/benefits of the academy are maximised.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Experience of leading the development and delivery of L&D strategy and plan.
- Experience of designing and delivering effective learning and development interventions.
- Experience of scoping L&D solutions and facilitating delivery of these through 3rd parties.
- Able to structure and deliver complex projects across large populations.
- Can demonstrate development of L&D solutions involving best practice use of technology.
- Familiar with learning management systems and how to optimise their use for delivery and reporting.
- Strong stakeholder management, listening, and influencing skills.
- Able to quickly build relationships both internally and externally.
- Leads by example demonstrating company leadership and values
Morson International is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is committed to equal opportunities.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service's 'Disability Confident Scheme'. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.