£14.03 - £19.00 per hour
11 days ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for a large defence client based in Edinburgh, the role is part of the Learning and Development team, responsible for the effective provision of L&D services to specified sections of the business and contributing to the support of the HR Strategy to deliver business value. Responsible for managing a full end-to-end process in a customer-facing environment. The role will be site based with UK/Transnational cross functional support as required some travel is required.
Duties will involve;
- Understand customer business and develop close partner relationships with key stakeholders at all levels.
- Understand specific business targets and recommend L&D activities to support the achievement of the goals, including interventions relevant to the Senior Leadership teams including leading in international programmes.
- Work with the customer and support the training needs analysis process through top down and bottom up PDR requirements in order to formulate and report against delivery of effective training plans for a business site, function or sector.
- Capture solution specifications as required and outline design and delivery plan(s) (including tender process for an external supplier) aligned to strategic priorities and budgets.
- Manage outsourced elements of service as per contract conditions
- Source solutions through agent and act as project manager for supplier bids and support the customer during supplier selection and the management of delivery, quality and programme evaluation including ROI calculations.
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure organisational changes are embedded
- Act as a lead for a particular Learning and Development domain/discipline, proactively sharing information and materials or assisting other team members when required
- Ensure clear linkage between HR & L&D actions to support business outcomes
- Bring fresh perspective on the outside world through information management to challenge current working practices leading to added business value.
- Manage, mitigate and ensure adequate measures and controls are in place for all L&D risks related to people and organisation interventions.
- Support L&D policy and process compliance across all customer groups, including external benchmarking.
- Describe and justify L&D contribution to business strategy and results in such a way that senior stakeholders would agree and recognise.
- Conduct business impact assessments to assess "as-is" processes and systems and structures to the "to-be" processes, systems and structures and facilitate recommendations to support stakeholders.
- Work with HR Team, L&D function groups (Talent Mgt & International Programmes, Change Management, External funding and Italy/UK) to lead and deliver integrated people solutions to meet organisational needs.
The ideal candidate will have evidence and experience of updating processes and policies. You will consistently demonstrates Innovation in learning design using a range of methods. You will have significant experience of training and development in a high paced environment. You will act as a consultant and facilitating/challenging operating practices to improve performance. You will have experience in negotiating complex tasks requiring political sensitivity and involvement in democratic process.
- Full CIPD member or equivalent
- Evidence of further self / professional development
- Evidence of further professional qualifications appropriate to HR/L&D
- Ability to build and manage effective relationships at senior levels
- Self-motivated and energetic with personal credibility and professional confidence
- Strong influencing and coaching abilities
- Experience in the development and delivery of learning solutions
- Use Analytical Skills to interpret business information and turn into L&D plans
- Business Acumen
- Evidence of effective and efficient organisational skills
You will have the ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting deadlines. You will be results driven and able to work at a fast pace. You will have a flexible approach to working and the ability to prioritise). You will be decisive and an enthusiastic team worker
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Human Resources; HRBP; CIPD; HR Generalist; ER; Employment Relations; Employee Relations; Employer Relations; Resource Planning; Trade Unions; Stakeholder management; People development; Talent Management; Succession Planning; HR Policies; Change Management; Mediation; HR Advisor; HR Specialist; Employment Law; People Management; Learning and Development