Up to £47.00 per hour
11 days ago
Defence Information requires Wintel Systems Engineer/Integrators to support various MOD projects at Christchurch.
The role will involve designing and documenting subsystems in a Wintel environment with part of this process being to prototype solutions. The prototyped solution would then be used to develop a build specification to allow an automation team to script the installation and configuration. The role will also require troubleshooting and problem solving skills over a wide range of technologies to integrate the deployment on ruggedized hardware.
- Producing clear and concise Subsystem low level design and implementation of that design
- Producing Interface designs.
- Developing releases within an agile environment.
- Support the team in managing and maintaining reference systems.
- Collaboration with other members of the agile team; sharing knowledge and peer reviewing others work.
- Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership.
- Using the Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence and Bamboo) to record, document and test work.
- Occasional visits to customer sites to support deployment.
- Essential Skills:
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Active Directory
- Windows 10 or Windows 7 Operating Systems
- VMware virtualisation
- Working in a team designing and integrating in a Wintel environment
- Technical documentation production
- IP Networking, load balancing, firewalls and routers using Cisco, Juniper and McAfee
- Atlassian toolset
- Working in an Agile development environment.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A WINTEL INTEGRATION ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)