Up to £50.00 per hour
11 months ago
Defence Information requires Windows Scripting Engineers to support various MOD projects at Christchurch. The role will involve developing scripts to automate the installation and configuration of a wide range of applications and infrastructure components e.g. Exchange, Veeam, VMware.
Powershell is the script language of choice as the development is mostly for a Windows environment, but other scripting languages are used.
- Developing zero touch scripts that integrate with bespoke and COTS orchestrations e.g. Ansible.
- Code production should follow industry standard best practices as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Integration and test of scripted deployments in a virtual environment and then a physical environment.
- Collaboration with other members of the agile team; sharing knowledge and peer reviewing others work.
- Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership.
- Producing clear and concise technical documentation.
- Using the Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence and Bamboo) to record, document and test work.
- Using Version Control mechanisms such as GIT and BitBucket to submit development code.
- Occasional visits to customer sites to support deployment.
- Essential Skills:
- Powershell or C#.Net experience. Powershell experience would ideally include advanced coding features e.g. Workflows, Desired State Configuration and Bare Metal Deployment.
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows 10 or Windows 7 Operating Systems
- Active Directory
- VMware virtualisation
- Undertaking changes in a configuration controlled environment
- Technical documentation production
- Python, batch scripting or VBScript
- Atlassian toolset
- Working in an Agile development environment.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A WINDOWS SCRIPTING ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)