Up to £50.00 per hour
2 months ago
Defence Information requires Windows Scripting Engineers to support various MOD projects at Christchurch. The role will involve developing scripts to automate the installation and configuration of a wide range of applications and infrastructure components e.g. Exchange, Veeam, VMware.
Powershell is the script language of choice as the development is mostly for a Windows environment, but other scripting languages are used.
- Developing zero touch scripts that integrate with bespoke and COTS orchestrations e.g. Ansible.
- Code production should follow industry standard best practices as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Integration and test of scripted deployments in a virtual environment and then a physical environment.
- Collaboration with other members of the agile team; sharing knowledge and peer reviewing others work.
- Reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership.
- Producing clear and concise technical documentation.
- Using the Atlassian toolset (JIRA, Confluence and Bamboo) to record, document and test work.
- Using Version Control mechanisms such as GIT and BitBucket to submit development code.
- Occasional visits to customer sites to support deployment.
- Essential Skills:
- Powershell or C#.Net experience. Powershell experience would ideally include advanced coding features e.g. Workflows, Desired State Configuration and Bare Metal Deployment.
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows 10 or Windows 7 Operating Systems
- Active Directory
- VMware virtualisation
- Undertaking changes in a configuration controlled environment
- Technical documentation production
- Python, batch scripting or VBScript
- Atlassian toolset
- Working in an Agile development environment.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A WINDOWS SCRIPTING ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)