Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000 - £60000 per annum + 15%bonus,pension,flex hours,parking
24 days ago
UX Design Lead - Perm - Manchester
- Very competitive and flexible base + bonus + pension + parking + corporate benefits + flexible working.
- Bring new digital products to market, with the aim of establishing multi-million-pound lines of business.
- Drive the evolution and growth of an existing portfolio of big-ticket digital products.
- Work with the Head of UX to define and scale a community of practice for UX
- Line management of multiple UX Designers embedded in cross-functional squads.
- An agile, cross-functional, start-up environment - with backing from one of the North West's most iconic businesses.
Utilising new and emerging technologies, this is a fast-moving, agile engine house of ideas and innovation. Our focus is to create new and exciting online and physical products to service our customers at every step of their physical and online journey.
As a UX Lead you'll join a fast-paced business going through huge growth. We are currently investing heavily in new cross-functional teams to bring ambitious, customer-centric and innovative digital products to market.
You'll be hands-on and support multiple UX designers embedded in cross-functional teams. You'll lead product design for those teams as they endeavour to establish new multi-million-pound lines of business (as well as evolving an existing portfolio of multi-million-pound digital products).
You will drive the end-to-end process from research through to high fidelity execution of final design.
You will lead, support and coach your designers (and squads) through the following activities:
- Product discovery and user research activities to identify target users, along with their needs, pain points and goals.
- Define, hypothesise and ideate for potential solutions using lean methodologies.
- Use light-weight research methods to evaluate the viability of your work, feeding new findings back into a quick build-measure-learn loop.
- Use heuristics, along with both quant and qual research/data to identify opportunities for optimisation to fuel A/B testing programmes.
- Here, UX designers have the scope and remit of Product designers - that means we're not simply focused on creating great user experiences. What we really care about is shipping world-class products.
- Initially the UX Lead will be hands on. We've invested in two new squads this year, each with the remit of bringing a new digital product to market. These formative months are critical, and our UX Leads will play a huge part in setting these products up for success. However, over the coming months, we expect the UX Lead to take on a more strategic role and focus on having a multiplier effect within the UX and product teams.
- Given this, it's important that the UX Lead be able to demonstrate varying levels of fluency across the following core competencies, required for the team to successfully deliver on their strategic objectives. It's worth noting that we don't expect you to be a master of all. Our culture and environment will allow you to grow and learn with us throughout your career.
- Research & Discovery
- Information Architecture
- Interaction Design
- UI Design
- Visual Design
This is a leadership role and in addition to the above, you'll work in close collaboration with the Head of UX to shape the community of practice for UX. You'll play a pivotal role in establishing the principles around which we build our design community as well as hiring, mentoring and leading UX designers.
You will share in, demonstrate and nurture the traits pivotal to our team culture:
- Collaborative. You'll have an empathetic team-oriented style. You'll be a great listener, open to new ideas and diverse opinions. You'll put people at the heart of your decision making (be they customers or colleagues).
- Driven. Self-motivated, self-accountable and outcome focused. In an interview you'll be able to talk to us about all the times you've gone the extra mile. These are the details that show you care about your work, team mates and your own self-development.
- Smart. You'll be able to demonstrate how the thought you put into your work drives better outcomes (don't worry - there's no maths quiz). In an interview, you'll be able to talk about the how you're a thoughtful designer. Maybe it's your knack for solving wicked problems, or your instincts for emotional intelligence, maybe it's even your encyclopedic knowledge of heuristics and best practice.
What's On Offer?
MAG is one of the North West's most iconic businesses and one of the driving Northern Power House businesses, doubling in size year on year. Offering a very competitive negotiable salary (with flexibility on experience) plus pension, bonus, free parking, benefits package and flexible working.
In this UX Lead role, we're offering an unparalleled career opportunity to join an agile environment, working with autonomous cross-functional teams to bring brand new digital products to market. With this comes steep career and development potential and also the opportunity to make a real difference to how we steer and shape our business.
A value led organisation and we are committed to providing equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. We want people to achieve their best, which will in turn positively impact on our customers and the communities in which we live and work. We empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
'We're on a mission to deliver the world's most customer-centric and stress-free digital travel experience.'