Stockport, Greater Manchester
£375.00 - £430.00 per day
10 months ago
ROLE OVERVIEW The Lead Systems Engineer typically works with a team of engineers to define, develop, test, and certify new signalling systems for the Rail & Light Rail sectors.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Converts requirements into conceptual designs and prepares associated documentation by performing operational analyses, simulations and technical trade-off studies evaluating alternative design configurations and functional features.
- Creates new concepts or modifies existing concepts to fulfil requirements where necessary.
- Good understanding of the development lifecycle and lifecycle products.
- Interfacing with the client, to gain approval of test specifications and to host acceptance testing activities.
- Help develop and execute Test Specifications including:*Support the development of test plans and test strategy documents,*Support the development of test specifications, working from system requirements,*Execute test specifications (according to test plan and project schedule),*Record and/or authorise results of test execution,*Raise/investigate/verify defects,*Maintain quality target/standard.
- Prepares system & subsystem requirement specifications, interface requirements and test requirement documents by analysing, decomposing modelling and refining customer requirements.
- Prepares system operational plans and reports that explain how the equipment being developed meets requirements. Operational design limits are evaluated and defined; performance analyses and simulations are developed & performed to support the above.
- Performs technical/engineering tasks to define system design and subsystem requirements details.
- Analysis and simulations are performed as necessary to identify design feasibility & driving requirements.
- Proposes work package estimates and descriptions based on knowledge of the work and project requirements, ensuring that compliant solutions at optimum cost are identified,
- Develop, implement and maintain tools relevant to the Systems Engineering function. Manage the assessment of relevant tools.
- Defines or proposes updates of processes and standards covering the work and its products based on knowledge of systems engineering.
- Manage the production of quality metrics to measure the soundness of the System Engineering processes under your control.W
WHAT IS REQUIRED AND EXPECTED
The Lead Systems Engineer is the technical focal point for the System Engineering process and must resolve all issues, problems, questions and conflicts in the entire system. This requires frequent handling of new and unusual issues. Seasoned in systems development and the systems engineering lifecycle you will take the lead and consider all options. Excellent communication and persuasion skills to be able to operate at all levels is an absolute must.